Go Back   Web User Forums > Multimedia > Graphics & Imaging

Old 17-01-10, 16:50
Passionate member

Default Enlarging on Picasa

How can I print out an enlargement that is on screen in Picasa, the original image always remains the same in the hold box?
Old 17-01-10, 17:48
Persona non grata

Default Re: Enlarging on Picasa

Hi cauldbum

When you have the image you want, click the Printer icon.
You will now be shown the Printer Layout. Click on the size you want from the defaults shown. These can be changed through Tools -> Options -> Printing.

Say you want A4 size, click the Full Page tab. Then go to the Printer Setup tab where you must change the size of the paper as well as media type, through the print properties/preferences to suit the size you want including orientation.
If the output size you require is smaller than the default size paper set in your printer, it's not such an issue.

Click the Review tab next to the Print tab and it will warn of quality deterioration if you have chosen a small image to be printed at a much larger size. My example shows this 'problem'.
Now click the Print tab and depending what printer and set up you have, you maybe shown a preview for approval before you finally print. Trial an error sometimes is the only true way of see what the end product will look like.

Hope this helps.
Old 17-01-10, 22:35
Passionate member

Great explanation Fusion, am sure this indeed will help, thanks again Cauldbum.
Old 18-01-10, 21:06
Passionate member

Spoke to soon Fusion, no joy.
To put you in "the picture", I have taken a pic. of an hard to get wiring diagram in a fan unit, which is successful and have enlarged to 100%. Even carrying out your printed method it still reverts to the original pic. for printing.
I think I may have led you to misunderstand - it is the enlarged portion I want to print - not the whole pic! Obviously the enlarged section fills the Picasa frame when I am ready to print.
Old 18-01-10, 21:30
Persona non grata

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Have a look at this --&gt;&gt;<font color="red">Short Video</font>&lt;&lt;-- I have made for you using the crop tool in the Basic Fixes. I have used the Manual mode for a precision 'drawing' around the proposed crop (enlargement) using your mouse cusor.

You can use the Preview tab or Reset to start again if you wish before you commit by clicking the Apply tab.

When you are happy with the portion you want enlarging, click the Print tab and do as above. You may have to experiment with the actual print size and use the Shrink to Fit and the Crop to Fit tabs for a comparative view before hitting the final print command.
The quality of the 'enlargement' is dependant on the quality of your original photo. The bigger the enlargement, you'll lose the image quality.

Hope this helps.
Old 18-01-10, 23:29
Passionate member

Fusion, after your video instruction and using 'apply' method I had it in seconds.
Just shows you that some people do have to be led !
I'll have to give you a break and stop asking so many questions.
Thanks for your time and effort. Regards Cauldbum