No need to run fixit.bat, that was just to start the services if necessary. Good to hear you`ve got your connection back. You can delete those files, also uninstall ERUNT, unless you want to keep it.
Do the following :-
Please download Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Alernative D/L mirror
Alternative D/L mirror
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
- Please save the log to a location you will remember.
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
We need to see some additional information about what is happening in your machine.*
Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.* Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool.* *
- When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
* * * * *1. DDS.txt
* * * * *2. Attach.txt
- Save both reports to your desktop.
- The instructions here ask you to attach the Attach.txt.
- Instead of attaching, please copy/past both logs into your next reply.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note:* You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.
After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.
Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.*
Information on A/V control HERE
Let me see the log from Malwarebytes and both logs from DDS in your reply, i`ve got to go out in about 10 minutes wont be back until about 6:30 pm, i`ll have a look at your logs then... Okey Dokey...