Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 10 help

Old 12-07-18, 10:50
Enthusiastic contributor

Default start up

i am experiencing on occassions a slow start up and had a look at the startup section in ccleaner,and noticed that under the context menu section there are three entries for the same file by Avast,and two of the same file for Malawarebytes, is this correct,text file below,would a clean install help?

No Directory File ownership
No Directory Eraser The Eraser Project "C:\Program Files\Eraser\Eraser.Shell.dll"
No Drive Eraser The Eraser Project "C:\Program Files\Eraser\Eraser.Shell.dll"
No File Eraser The Eraser Project "C:\Program Files\Eraser\Eraser.Shell.dll"
No Directory Play with VLC media player VideoLAN "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --started-from-file --no-playlist-enqueue "%1"
No Directory Add to VLC media player's Playlist VideoLAN "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --started-from-file --playlist-enqueue "%1"
No Directory SimpleShlExt CHENGDU YIWO Tech Development Co.,Ltd C:\Program Files (x86)\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\x64\ImageSh.dll
No Drive SimpleShlExt CHENGDU YIWO Tech Development Co.,Ltd C:\Program Files (x86)\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\x64\ImageSh.dll
No File SimpleShlExt CHENGDU YIWO Tech Development Co.,Ltd C:\Program Files (x86)\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\x64\ImageSh.dll
Yes File 00asw AVAST Software C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashShA64.dll
Yes File avast AVAST Software C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashShA64.dll
Yes Folder avast AVAST Software C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashShA64.dll
No File DefragglerShellExtension Piriform Ltd C:\Program Files\Defraggler\DefragglerShell64.dll
No Folder DefragglerShellExtension Piriform Ltd C:\Program Files\Defraggler\DefragglerShell64.dll
Yes File MBAMShlExt Malwarebytes C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbshlext.dll
Yes Folder MBAMShlExt Malwarebytes C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbshlext.dll
No Directory RecuvaShellExt Piriform Ltd C:\Program Files\Recuva\RecuvaShell64.dll
Yes Directory Open PowerShell window here powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location -literalPath '%V'
Yes Drive Open PowerShell window here powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location -literalPath '%V'
Old 12-07-18, 10:59
Global Moderator

Default Re: start up

I have what appear to be duplicates in my Context Menu but as for yours, mine are also for File and Folders so they do differ.
Old 12-07-18, 11:15
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefy View Post
would a clean install help?

Yes a clean install will help. a lot. It's what I would do. BUT you, obviously, are aware of the consequences and the work involved in doing a clean install. Just for the record I clean install all my computers (4) every six months. Mostly just for the hell of it but it does get rid of duplicated files and all the crud left behind after uninstalls of programs and things, all of which slows things down.
Old 12-07-18, 12:36
Highly valued member

Wouldn't creating a system image after a clean install and then restoring the image be easier than doing a clean install every six months?
Old 12-07-18, 12:42
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru View Post
Wouldn't creating a system image after a clean install and then restoring the image be easier than doing a clean install every six months?

Dunno don't care it's the way I do it. It's the way I have always done it and it is the way I will continue to do it and worrying about how I use my computers is not helping the OP one iota.
Old 18-07-18, 14:12
Enthusiastic contributor

more info,occasionally on start up i get a blue screen and a immediate restart,some info i have got of it says VideoTDRfailure-AtikmPagsys, tried updating driver but says up to date also with windows update. ATI site says driver updates unavailable for windows 10, and that i should have driver 8.970.100.9001 which i have.also ran ATI driver check and it says"Component are allready installed".
my graphics

Gigabyte Radeon HD4550 512MB DDR3 PCIE DVI

my motherboard

Core 2 Extreme Socket 775 Intel G45 Micro ATX

my processor

Intel Core 2 Quad ( Q8200) 2.33GHz 4096KB (L2 Cache) (L3 Cache)

so i assume if i continue to get problems i should update my graphics card, if so what with, and do i need to upgrade anything else?
Old 22-07-18, 10:16
Enthusiastic contributor

may have solved it, had no problem since wednesday when i thought i would look round the back and check connections, i also set to it with the hoover, as the grills were clogged up with dust, also tried to get some dust out the inside but can't shift a lot from the CPU fan.afraid to remove it as i have no paste to refit it. also noticed that i have a HDMI socket on the motherboard,could i use this if the graphics card fails, if so would i have to remove the graphics card,or change any settings in BIOS.