Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Email and Messaging

Old 21-09-18, 17:11
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Yahoo Mail signing in headache

Until about a week ago I was able to use Yahoo Mail with no problem. However suddenly it has started demanding that I sign in with username and password each time I use it. This is very annoying since I am often clumsy and leave the site when I don't mean to - and then I am asked to log in with username and password again, which is very time consuming. I presume this is for security reasons but would prefer it as it was before. Does anyone know if there is a way I can stop it doing this?
Old 21-09-18, 22:48
Top contributor

Default Re: Yahoo Mail signing in headache

I don't have a Yahoo Mail account these days, but my BT Mail is BT Yahoo! Mail. It's recently updated for no good reason that I can see, I liked it how it was! Anyway for your signing in difficulty, perhaps one of the following items will be helpful for you:

Why do I have to sign in when "Keep me signed in" is selected? | Yahoo Help - SLN2660

Why You Have to Log in to Yahoo Mail Every Time
Old 23-09-18, 11:21
Enthusiastic contributor

Thanks for the response, Madeline. Despite my investigations of the links you provided I cannot find a solution to my problem. A look on the net shows that I am not the only one suffering frustration from this signing-in nuisance. I have been with Yahoo Mail for years but it seems that I will now have to look elsewhere for something less irritating.
Old 23-09-18, 23:39
Top contributor

There's this too, but I don't know if it'll be any use - probably not.

Fix problems signing into your Yahoo account | Yahoo Help - SLN2051

BT Yahoo mail won't get signed in if I'm using Pale Moon, but it's OK with Opera and Vivaldi. Sometimes Pale Moon is seen as n out of date version of Firefox. If you're considering a change, you could have a look at Outlook and Gmail. I use both and have never had any trouble with either of them, although some people do. You're never going to find an email program which is trouble-free for everyone though!
Old 25-09-18, 10:27
Enthusiastic contributor

Good morning, Madeline! A very good morning because not only is the sun shining but I've looked at my Yahoo e-mail (three times to make sure) and find that today I am once more able to sign in without having to re-enter my log-in details. I have done nothing myself that could have brought this about and can only hope that it stays this way. Weird or what? Has this happened to anyone else, I wonder?
Old 25-09-18, 17:47
Top contributor

Good afternoon Minnehaha! That's excellent news! I hope that everything stays good on Yahoo mail for you. Yet another of those strange 'glitches' that happens sometimes I suppose. I don't think my BT Yahoo difficulties are quite the same, but it's interesting that Yahoo is involved in each case. I wonder if it had anything to do with Yahoo becoming part of Oath? Probably not though, just weirdness.

Yahoo is now part of Oath