Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Old 29-11-17, 18:46
Top contributor

Lightbulb Chrome 62.0.3202.62 Crashing>How to fix (elsewhere)

I had Installed Chrome 62.0.3202.62 Stable running for a few days on this PC when First Boot Today it crashed completely Only working desktop Items were the News boxes/Weather and Facebook Tiles On the W10 Start menu which "Said" Edge Browser was running OK Verified by opening up Yandex.Browser and could access all my Google data. ..Tried Clearing All Caches with no Joy
With Yandex Running I ran a DDG Search for "Chrome 62.0.3202" and as you can see there are quite a few sub version numbers However NO Reports as to the "Crash's" So I opened up the Chrome Download page on the yandex.browser page https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrom...top/index.html
and got in Return Chrome 62.0 3202.94 which was NOT listed on the DDG search page
This is Stable ,and I hope tides us through to Chrome 63 in a few weeks?

Query With many random slow/paused access to some pages recently(Ex Chrome) Does anyone think both Versions 61 & 62 of Chrome have had a carried over Bug which Has just now been addressed or something?
I had it attributed to the router/LAN as all running PC's (In the house) were having the same issue.
And Nothing showed in the Reliability (REL) History Log page
As for the Change list of Chrome 62.0.3202.94 that has not been published yet ...Should reveal the cause (and Fix) of that glitch

Only Bad losers are those with No Standby Browser to download Chrome
Another Way Might be to Download Chrome 61 or even 60 (from Filehorse or FileHippo) run that for a Few hours then Check to see if its auto Updated to Chrome 62.0.3202.94?