Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Open Forum

Old 27-12-17, 08:56
Top contributor

Default The new Breast Cancer Thread for 2018

I'm posting this a few days early as requested, to allow the massive old Thread to be deleted on Robert's return, in the hope that it may help the ongoing "hanging" problem.

Hi all members of Web User.
I'm a refugee from Computer Active and we had a very dear friend who used to help lots of people out, who started this thread on there.
Unfortunately Anne took ill, and was no longer able to post.
I DO believe she sometimes posts on Facebook, so we know she's still around.

I hope you don't mind me transferring this thread to this forum.
Please click....
Thanks,
egg

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/c...aces?siteld=2]

I've copied and pasted this from our Dear Anne's Thread. I haven't changed a thing only the date.............
I hope you all agree that it's time we started a new Thread, and as our lovely Anne hasn't done it I decided to do it instead.
If you all disagree I won't be offended if you continue with the old one out of loyalty to Anne.
We all miss you Anne,
Get well and Come back soon

A fresh new thread for our "Click For Cancer" charity.

Well here we are in 2018 (Happy New Year everyone) and this thread is still going!... is it really almost 11 years ? !!!

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread going because I'm certain it does play a part in reminding people to take a couple of minutes out to click on the charities links.
I know there are several old members who still click the links each day too .. thank you to them also
Imagine how many "clicks" you have all contributed over almost 11 years .. that's got to have made a bit of an impact for those charities.

A quick recap for any new members or visitors :

This thread is basically to ask people to take the time each day to click on a special link on the " Breast cancer website " which you will find in the link posted below:

Clicking on the " pink button " on the page in the link brings in revenue to fund mammogram's for underprivileged women ------ low-income , inner-city and minority women whose awareness of breast cancer and opportunity for help is often limited.
Your click is paid for by site sponsors, and mammogram funding is provided to clinics throughout the *U.S.

*Unfortunately we don't seem to be able to find a similar setup to aid UK people too.
If you do ever find something do post and let us all know!

You will notice when you load the breast cancer page that there are 9 more tabs in different colours along the top for other charities; Greater Good, Hunger, Animals, Veterans, Autism, Alzheimer’s, Literacy, Rainforest and Diabetes, if you have the time they too have a special link that can be clicked daily to bring in revenue.

*Only one click per 24 hrs is counted, so if you wish you could go to each tab and give a click on each one........ one click for each charity .......... 10 clicks.... that's not a lot of time to give up.

Best regards,

Anne
Thanks to all who have contributed to the old Thread, please continue on this new one.

egg
Old 27-12-17, 18:19
Highly valued member

Default Re: The new Breast Cancer Thread for 2018

Good Evening Friends.

Quote:
Well here we are almost in 2018 (Happy New Year everyone) and this thread is still going!... is it really almost 11 years ? !!!
It certainly is Glenda, and long may it continue.

I thought I'd be the first to say "thank you" for helping to keep this site going over the past eleven years,long may it continue.

I hope everyone has had a pleasant Festive Season and looking forward to good health and happiness in the coming new year.

I consider it a pleasure to be able to continue giving my daily click to help the Breast Cancer Site, and sincerely hope I'll be able to continue in this vein for a few more years yet.

So, for the time being .. no pictures for now .. but clicks all done for today.

MIKE
Old 28-12-17, 09:33
Top contributor

Good morning friends,

I asked Cantrel if he'd leave the OLD thread up for a short while in case anyone wanted to read them from 2014.
Quote:
It's a long time since I actually read any of the earlier posts on there and they stir up old memories for me of happier times at this time of the year when everyone should be happy, it's hit me particularly hard, I would imagine for more than just me.
Some of you may want to take a trip down memory lane before they are deleted.

How things change.
Clicked,
Take care,
egg

Does anyone else find ..........
If you click on the first link in my first post on here, it says site not found, but if you click on the second, identical link underneath, it takes you to the breast Cancer site ????
Old 28-12-17, 14:47
Global Moderator

I clicked on the link in your first post where it took me straight to the Click Here one, which I did.

As Robert has gone to Scotland then the chances are that he won't be back until he's seen the New Year in which should give ample time for others to review the old posts.
Old 28-12-17, 20:53
Highly valued member

Evening Friends.

Tom I think you'll find that it has something to do with a time support situation.

When this was transferred from the C/A forum all those years ago, it was supported at that time by Proboards. SEE HERE

Even though the URL is the same, it will have been affected by the time lapse of the Proboard's site, hence the (http/1.0 404) which shows when clicked on.

Anyway, as long as we can still log on to the site, that's all that matters.

Clicks all done for THURSDAY

MIKE
Old 28-12-17, 21:45
Global Moderator

Interesting article.

As I said, I don't get any errors - not sure if this is relevant but I use Level Three's DNS servers of 209.244.0.3 and 209.244.0.4
Old 29-12-17, 09:07
Top contributor

Good Morning friends,

After a frosty night we now have rain.

Thanks for the explanation Mike and Thanks Tom for your post regarding the old thread.

Do the clicks as usual PLEASE.

egg
Old 29-12-17, 09:50
Highly valued member

Good Morning Friends.

Glenda Hope the weather is a little better down your way.

We have snow again in our half of Derbyshire. Hope it doesn't stick as we are expecting some of the grandchildren today from the other end of the County.

Tom Agree with you regarding the DNS servers. Some interesting items on them HERE

Clicks all done for FRIDAY

Keep warm everyone.

MIKE
Old 29-12-17, 10:09
Top contributor

Mike,
In the time it took me to check my emails and do my post on here it's changed from rain to heavy snow. I'm hoping it doesn't linger as well because I'm a fair way from the shops
Well it IS winter I suppose.

Glenda
Old 29-12-17, 12:26
Highly valued member

Good Afternoon Clickers,

The first lying snow of winter has arrived overnight in Central Scotland ... about 5 cm.

... very picturesque, but I don't think it will last long as rain forecast later.

Son and I have been to our local recycling facility in a 4 X 4 to dump all the bottles and other stuff accumulated after we hosted our clan Christmas Dinner.
Our now-departed many English relatives have decimated our wine-cellar and freezers.

It's great to have daughter and son back in Spitland after their graduations. We're dining out tonight with Mrs Spit's parents and also mine, plus my sister, son-in-law & family.

Beware of slippery side-roads and pavements if they freeze over.

Please

Spit