Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Other Hardware

Old 25-11-17, 19:34
Top contributor

Default Just a moan really

I ordered a battery for a Canon 750D on 26/10/17 and so far it hasn't been delivered I contacted them after 10 days and they said they are waiting for a delivery and it will be shipped as soon as they get them in. I mean a month to the day who would wait that long?
Old 25-11-17, 20:44
Highly valued member

Default Re: Just a moan really

Don't you keep an extra?
Old 25-11-17, 20:50
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru View Post
Don't you keep an extra?
Not the point though is it. The point is it is extremely bad customer service and that is becoming more and more prevalent with companies across the board that do not give a damn about the paying customer.
Old 25-11-17, 21:33
Top contributor

pete.i's right. If the company knew at the time you placed the order that there was a delay in supplying the battery, they should have let you know then and given you an expected date for delivery too. At least you might have considered placing the order elsewhere had you known of such a long delay.
Old 26-11-17, 06:04
Highly valued member

Why do you think they didn't tell him!!!! Business is Business.

If they had he might then have gone to Amazon, who pay no tax into this country but admittedly quite often have what you need at hand fairly quickly.

Would you mind to much to keep a fully paying UK tax business, in business??

fosseway
Old 26-11-17, 07:52
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossewayfella View Post

If they had he might then have gone to Amazon, who pay no tax into this country but admittedly quite often have what you need at hand fairly quickly.

fosseway
( On the 19/11/17 i ordered a item on amazone on the 20/11/17 item dispatched expected on the 23rd i chose the royal mail sorting office for collection by me nothing on that date i got e mail to say unfortunately we will be a couple of days late with your item that was fine then i got another update if the item has not arrived by the 1st Dec please let us know, on that date i will be in Australia were the xmas present item should have been with me so not so good, so i decided to make contact by phone to amazone to see what i could do about it so got through to a pleasant Indian gentleman with a strong Indian accent and me with a Glaswegian accent i will just say there was a lot of phonetic spelling went on after that, after lots of checking and waiting from his end the item was lost i pointed out if i had been a prime customer the item would have been delivered overnight and explained my predicament of me being in Australia on the 1st Dec could they just not send it again overnight as a gesture of xmas spirit after more checking the bottom line is i got a refund.
Old 26-11-17, 08:21
Enthusiastic contributor

Originally Posted by fossewayfella

fosseway

I'm afraid if any company cannot supply what I want in a reasonable time, and by that I mean with a couple to five days after my order, then as far as I am concerned, they can go out of business and I will source my requirements elsewhere. I do use Amazon on occasion when I cannot get what I want from Ebay. The fact that Amazon do or do not pay UK tax is something for the government to sort out which they could do quite easily but choose not to. As you point out, not paying tax, is business.
Old 26-11-17, 09:04
Top contributor

They took the money two days later, the 28th, and from what I can gather they are still taking orders for the batteries now. Maybe they are waiting until they get so many orders so they can ship them and get a better price with a bulk order from Canon, but how many months am I going to have to wait? Some just buy from stores that they know and trust they don't go looking for the cheapest price like I do, it's all about the cheapest price overall with me, and that includes delivery charges.
The battery was £36.52 but delivery was steep at £10 for just one battery. It makes you think of the price online how many could order two or four for just over the price of two from an online store like Amazon?
Old 26-11-17, 15:11
Highly valued member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing666 View Post
I ordered a battery for a Canon 750D on 26/10/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
Not the point though is it. The point is it is extremely bad customer service and that is becoming more and more prevalent with companies across the board that do not give a damn about the paying customer.
I didn't notice how long you had been waiting. I get the point.
Over here we have a law that says that if they can not deliver an item within 30 days, they must notify you and give you an option to wait for it or receive an immediate refund.
Old 26-11-17, 15:20
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru View Post
I didn't notice how long you had been waiting. I get the point.
Over here we have a law that says that if they can not deliver an item within 30 days, they must notify you and give you an option to wait for it or receive an immediate refund.
You actually have a number of laws that benefit the customer such as the one you have quoted and the "lemon" law and others. If we had such laws in this country in my opinion quite a few companies would be going out of business. I have purchased stuff over here that really has not been fit for purpose. Whilst we do have laws to prevent "not fit for purpose" goods to be sold they still are sold.