Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 7 help

Old 15-08-18, 13:25
Established member

Default Sonic Dla driver

Hi guys, I had an old roxio program installed(Roxio 9) which I uninstalled From my Win. 7 pc
I thought that would get rid of the message I'm receiving on start-up i.e. Driver blocked due to incompatiably. This driver will be disabled! (sonic dla) How can I get rid of this driver the message is occuring every start-up? Help please Alex
Old 15-08-18, 16:16
Global Moderator

Default Re: Sonic Dla driver

This article will show you how to fully uninstall Roxio 9 but before making any changes to the registry, if you need to go that far, create a restore point first.

http://un-install.info/36514/uninsta...a-creator.html

You access the registry by going Start - type regedit and press enter then accept the UAC.
Old 20-08-18, 08:39
Established member

Sorry Cantrel, been away for a few days. Done what you suggested and now there is no trace of Roxio in the registry. However in programs--common files, I find roxio shared. When I try to delete it the reply is 'Roxio shared open in Live share P 2 P server 9' and thats it. I'm stuck! Alex
Old 20-08-18, 08:42
Global Moderator

Try doing it in Safe Mode where it won't be loaded.
Old 20-08-18, 09:41
Established member

That got rid of that, but the original sonic driver fault is still there. Should I get rid of all Sonic as well?. I noticed in common files there was a sonic shared, what do you think? Alex
Old 20-08-18, 09:48
Global Moderator

Yes, I'd do that in Safe Mode as well.

That P2P server could do with getting rid of as well as you can get all sorts of nasties with those but there are some P2P servers which are deemed to be safe.

Check with FreeFixer when done to see if there's any residue.

This will list other items that can be deleted but if in doubt about any, use the more info link.

http://www.freefixer.com/
Old 21-08-18, 11:28
Established member

Great program that (free fixer), found a couple of roxio residues which I got rid off. The original DLA incompatible still comes up on start-up. Had a look in windows-system 32 and see a couple of dla references but they are listed as system files so I don't know what to do with them? Alex
Old 21-08-18, 11:44
Global Moderator

Normally when you uninstall a program, it usually removes any drivers as well, but this may need a 3rd party uninstaller program for which you would need to reinstall the program and have that Uninstaller program do its thing.

However, go Start - type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

In Device Manager click on View/Show hidden devices then expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers - you may even see a yellow alert, but that is where I would expect to see its drivers which you would then right click on and select Uninstall.

If they keep coming back after a reboot then right click on them and select Disable.

There's a couple of other places you may find reference to them and one is in msconfig either under the Startup tab or the Services tab.

To access msconfig go Start - type msconfig and press enter.

Under the Services tab check the box to Hide all Microsoft services and then you check what is in there.

The other is in Services for which you would go Start - type services.msc and press enter.

Scroll down to see if there are any services listed for it and their status.

It will probably be Started and Automatic.

Right click on any and select Properties where you can stop and change its status using the dropdown, close Services and reboot to effect.
Old 23-08-18, 07:43
Established member

Hi Cantrel, Tried all those suggestions to no avail, then after reading an article on Autoruns and what started up on booting up, I tried to follow it ,but alas too aggressively. Sure, I got rid of the 'driver uncompatitive issue but I also lost contact with my cd drives. Luckily I had a system restore point(about a week old) which brought everything back ie. driver issue and cd drives recognition. Maybe this could be an avenue that could be carefully explored? Alex
Old 23-08-18, 08:52
Global Moderator

Did you find anything on it in any of the places I'd suggested ?

I saw you looking up a thread on Revo so I assumed you used that to uninstall it.

I've always found that program to be a bit convoluted in ensuring it takes out all of the bits - I find the free version of IObit Uninstalller much simpler to use in that it's a two click process.

I don't normally recommend using CCleaner to clean the registry but in this case it may be beneficial, but first uncheck the box for ActiveX and Class Issues.

You may need to run it a couple of times to ensure it removes all of what you select.

If you haven't run this before, you may see quite a lot of Missing Shared DLLs - they are okay to delete.

You get the option to back up before removal.