Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 7 help

Old 29-03-17, 16:47
Top contributor

Default Re: Windows updates

For the past several months, the monthly updates have been 'roll-ups'.

For each month it is quoted as, "This Security Monthly Quality Rollup also includes improvements and fixes from previous monthly rollups."
So if you miss a monthly update, it will be included in the following monthly update.
Old 29-03-17, 16:52
Top contributor

KB3212646 is shown in my update history on this PC as

"January, 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3212646) and was installed on 12/01/2017"

There would have been a different version - same KB number - for 32-bit PCs.
Old 29-03-17, 17:24
Top contributor

I think e.g. if you happen to install the March KB4012215 before the January KB3212646 then the latter won't show up as an available update or as 'not applicable' from the catalog. Likewise for Nov. KB3197868 & Dec. KB3207752

And it's not unusual for any update to fail at a first or even second attempt, or to re-appear after installing with same KB number as a 'fix'.
Didn't that happen quite recently ?
Old 29-03-17, 18:11
Top contributor

Quote:
I think e.g. if you happen to install the March KB4012215 before the January KB3212646 then the latter won't show up as an available update or as 'not applicable' from the catalog.
That seems logical, so if you get a later update, it will include an earlier update which was missed for whatever reason.
Old 30-03-17, 07:57
Enthusiastic contributor

Thanks Stewart and Madeline, I've noted your comments. It will be interesting to see what happens as time goes on.
How are you guys so knowledgeable!
Old 30-03-17, 21:40
Top contributor

Fingers crossed that it'll go well for all of us, especially you weller, on April 11th!
Old 20-08-18, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by weller View Post
I am worried that I have not received any Windows updates since 11/1/17 on my desktop running Windows 7. When I go into Windows Updates it says it’s up to date and shows the usual green shield and tick but even when I tick one of the optional updates it does not download. My internet connection is OK and I have just updated and run Malwarebytes Antimalware with no problems. I know that there were no updates on the magic Tuesday in February but I think updates were available for this month.
It’s possible that the Windows update thing is my fault. I get fed up seeing the CPU showing 25 to 30% even when the computer is idle so, after an internet search (which seemed to indicate that this is a fairly common issue) I cancelled “wuauserv” in services for a week or two last month. But now that I’ve enabled this again I still can’t download any Windows updates.
If anyone could help me here I’d be delighted.
Having just seen the note about Windows not updating on new hardware I should add that this computer is about 10 years old – and showing it!
Try running the Windows Troubleshooter, here's the link => https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...troubleshooter

If still not one, you can check for other online solutions and see if it gets fixed. I also face the same problem and got Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt missing. I have looked for solution and found this

If anything is shown as “unfixed”, run it again and see if whatever it is it gets fixed. If not, you could try a search for a solution online, but before that, have a look at the following article: https://www.techlila.com/service-reg...or-windows-10/

This worked and the problem was solved. After that, I was able to get Windows updates