Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 10 help

Old 26-06-18, 11:35
Highly valued member

Default HomeGroup-style tools in Windows 10

Anyone who successfully ran the legacy Windows 7 HomeGroup tool in Windows 10 will be aware that it is no longer supported in W10 since the April 2018 Update. It has now been removed.

Personally, I found it very useful to share files and folders between other machines on my Home Network. I also configured the settings to allow me to edit a document from any other Wi-Fi connected machines in other rooms.
You could also share printers connected to machines in other rooms.
Some of you may be interested in trying this alternative W10 method. Iíll personally give it a go when time permits.

In the past, a few Web User members previously posted that they had problems using HomeGroup, but it worked problem-free for Mrs Spit and me on both W7 and W10. We also found it handy to quickly back up folders and documents, especially business ones, to other machines.

I noticed that WUís sister magazine ComputerActive (Issue 530, 20 June-03 July) has a three-page Workshop Bring back HomeGroup-style tools in Windows 10.

Iím taking the chance that WU wonít object to me posting this Workshop below published in its sister CA magazine.
I hope you are able to view it without having to zoom in, so Iíve posted the three images a bit larger than I usually do Ö or you may prefer to buy the magazine.