Go Back   Web User Forums > Multimedia > Video & Photo

Old 03-11-17, 05:04
Passionate member

Default Adding 4-5 photos in 1 file ?

Hi all,

I am using windows 7. Can anyone please advise me if there is a way to add several photos into 1 file ?...i mean say i have 5 photos, 1st is page 1, then page 2, then page 3 and so on...i have 5 different *.jpg files. Is there a way to put several scanned pages or photos all together in 1 file so its easier to email people or easier for anyone to just scroll up/down to view other pages rather than clicking of many separate files ? i have years ago tried the panorama option in IrfanView program. but i am not sure if thats what i am looking for.

Many thanks

AK
Old 03-11-17, 08:24
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: Adding 4-5 photos in 1 file ?

If you don't have a pdf creator, paste them into a Word or Libre Office file.
Old 03-11-17, 08:53
Passionate member

If you want to use Irfanview then combine them into a slideshow and save as an single .exe file.
Old 03-11-17, 09:21
Passionate member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1 View Post
If you don't have a pdf creator, paste them into a Word or Libre Office file.
I dont have a .pdf creator and if i copy paste in word wont the size, pixels etc change and i will have to resize them ??? cheers
Old 03-11-17, 09:27
Passionate member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakybeaky View Post
If you want to use Irfanview then combine them into a slideshow and save as an single .exe file.
thanks for your reply. If i create as a single .exe file and then email the file as an attachment then i have a feeling that the email will end up in spam folder as its a .exe file.

I am sorry i did not clarify myself much. The photos, 4-5-6 pages i was talking about are my scanned passport copies and other scanned court documents, which i need to send to the government authority. I just dont want them to go through the trouble of opening 10-15 different pages and then printing so many pages, instead if its in 1 file it will be easier and they may not get annoyed ot not even bother to open it. Many thanks again.
Old 03-11-17, 10:08
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alykhalil View Post
I dont have a .pdf creator and if i copy paste in word wont the size, pixels etc change and i will have to resize them ??? cheers
Not a problem. Insert the first one into Word, right click it and select Text Wrapping>Through. and Return
Now you can simply drag the document to the size you want (up to A4 if that is what your document is set to). Use the corner drag handles so that you do not distort the aspect ration of the documnent. You can move the insertion point for the next jpg to the next page or lower down the same page using the arrow key on the keyboard.
Old 03-11-17, 10:16
Top contributor

Do they specify in what format for an attachment ?
Old 03-11-17, 11:38
Passionate member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alykhalil View Post

I am sorry i did not clarify myself much. The photos, 4-5-6 pages i was talking about are my scanned passport copies and other scanned court documents, which i need to send to the government authority. I just dont want them to go through the trouble of opening 10-15 different pages and then printing so many pages, instead if its in 1 file it will be easier and they may not get annoyed ot not even bother to open it. Many thanks again.
Put them in a zip file.
Old 03-11-17, 14:07
Highly valued member

Here is another suggestion .....

If you have MS Office, create a new Word document ... I have selected the Landscape orientation instead of Portrait ... your choice.
You can then add your 5 scanned images within a 5 page scrollable document and send it as an email attachment.

In your circumstances, I would scan your documents at 300 dpi to keep the file sizes at manageable sizes ... and save them as jpeg images on your desktop.

Open each image file in your viewer and select "copy image" ... then paste it into your Word document.

If the image overlaps the page, simply click on your pasted image to select it.
This produces the adjustment handles as shown below in my screenshot.
Hover your cursor over a corner until you see a double-headed arrow.
Whilst holding down your Shift key, drag any corner towards the centre to adjust your image size smaller.
You can also drag each corner outwards to enlarge your image if necessary ... whilst holding down Shift key.

Spit
Old 03-11-17, 21:57
Passionate member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart40 View Post
Do they specify in what format for an attachment ?
I guess it dont really matter. I am sure .pdf files are so common so may be if all the photos could be in that format i guess. thanks.