Go Back   Web User Forums > Multimedia > Video & Photo

Old 17-01-17, 12:01
Default How to watch Netflix offline via laptop?

Soon I will travel to Australia and want to take some of my favorite movies with me, to make my long trip more enjoyable.

I'm a Netflix member and could download my favorite series to take with me. To make it clear, I will not have any internet connection on my way.
The point is, that I would like to watch via laptop, which device is unfortunately not compatible with the offline-mode. Figured out that it is jus available for iOS and android devices.

Smartphone screen is defintiley too small and also don't have that much free space on my memory card for download complete movies, and tablet.. I'm not the owner of such device. Maybe anybody could give me advice how I could solve this problem?
Old 17-01-17, 19:57
Highly valued member
Default Re: How to watch Netflix offline via laptop?

I don't think you will be able to do what you are asking. I think you are saying you do not have a tablet, only a smart phone, but not much memory left in it and a laptop which Netflix will not work on. You would also need brilliant eyesight if you only use the mobile. The problem is films require a lot of memory and that you do not have.

Have you thought of buying a portable DVD player and taking some CD,s of your favourite films and music, story books, etc. Aldi have one in their sale at the moment for around 44. In store so you might have to shop around.

See following - https://www.aldi.co.uk/10%22-portabl...73848101726400

Battery Type: Lithium Rechargeable
Colour: Black, White
Dimensions: 25.5 x 19 x 3cm
Inputs: USB, SD/MMC Card Reader
Lcd Display: 10" High Resolution
Product Type: DVD Players
Resolution: 1024 x 600 pixels

Not sure how long a fully charged one would run for on a 14 hour flight, but if you are having a split flight you could recharge say at Dubai as long as you have an electric plug for there. You could take it on the flight in your cabin luggage. Should be no probs at security as long as you display it to security. A pair of noise retarding (not sure of techy term for this) head phones would also be needed, otherwise you will get chucked out the plane by other sleepy passengers, somewhere over the Himalayas.
Have a great time.

Old 26-12-17, 21:26

First off, you need to install software that enables you to record your laptop screen. There are many pieces of software available to record screen on laptop, but you need to choose one wisely. You can visit https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/net...nload-mac.html for more information. Have fun!
Old 26-12-17, 22:33
Highly valued member

you could buy a chromebook, install netflix and download the media you want.

No doubt there will be people who dont owna chrome book posting in reply to save your money ! Just ignore them and get a chromebook with Android apps.
Its Cowby not Cowboy !

neflix offline-mode, video-on-demand, watch series offline