Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Tablets, smartphones and e-readers

Old 16-09-18, 11:40
Highly valued member

Default Moving photos from Moto G to laptop.

I have a problem with my Moto G4 mobile. Quite frequently it goes mad. A little box appears in grey, over the top of my texting screen and it runs its own text of 9s, 0s, ps, and ns, in continuum, and blocking everything I try do to stop it.
I have to physically turn it off and start again, but it soon starts up again.
It appears to be a gremlin of some sort, but I cannot find a fix on line.

So I want to factory re-set the mobile. Ok!, but it says it will wipe everything, such as photos, etc, which I thought it would. Then I realised that I have never moved photos from my mobile to my lap-top. There are only about 25 photos, as I always prefer my camera when snapping but they are treasured.
I know I can probably get the info from UTube but prefer the expertise of our Forum members.
So can you advise please on either of the problems I have. Thanks in anticipation?

fosseway
Old 16-09-18, 12:26
Familiar face

Default Re: Moving photos from Moto G to laptop.

Can you attach the phone to the laptop via USB and import to the photo gallery in W10 ?
Old 16-09-18, 13:17
Enthusiastic contributor

Or just make a folder on your desk top called "photos from phone" then connect your phone via a USB lead to your laptop. Go to "This PC" and you should see your phone listed. Double left click it and look for DCIM and your photos should be in there. Copy and then paste them into the folder that you made on your desk top. Do not cut and paste them just in case something should go pear shaped during the transfer.
Old 16-09-18, 13:24
Highly valued member

Thanks.I will give it a try either tonight or tomorrow.

fosseway
Old 16-09-18, 17:31
Enthusiastic contributor

If you can't connect your phone the next easiest (and possibly the easiest anyway) option could be to email them from your phone to yourself and then access that email account from your desktop and download the programs.

HTH

Neil
Old 16-09-18, 19:32
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechGuy View Post
If you can't connect your phone the next easiest (and possibly the easiest anyway) option could be to email them from your phone to yourself and then access that email account from your desktop and download the programs.

HTH

Neil

The problem with doing it that way is that most free email clients have a cumulative limit on the size of files that you can send in one email. Like Hotmail for instance. Whilst I admit this probably wont affect fosswayfella, if you have hundreds of photos, as I do, then it will be a nightmare to email them. Luckily my phone, a Samsung, connects readily to my computer and I can back my pictures up in one fell swoop. I would think that a Moto G4 would as well.
Old 17-09-18, 13:02
Highly valued member

Nipped down to my local Asda superstore and found a neat little "Polaroid"kit for 7. Has four connectors for Cameras and other popular kit with USB connectors. Connected up and followed instruction that you gave and voila, transferred all the photos in seconds. Have just done a factory reset. So just going to see what I need to put back, probably a few apps of which I have only a few. My local PC World told me how to get my contacts back, which I understand are saved in my Google account. We will see lol.
Whether it has got rid of the gremlin I will soon find out.

Thanks again fosseway

Addendum-- Yep, everything back in place bar one or two apps and having to set it up again from scratch, but was glad to do that as I was a bit in the dark when I first had this mobile as it was my first smart phone and now I know my way round it (well almost lol)