Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Old 15-09-18, 19:17
Top contributor

Unhappy Chrome 69's New Tab Page "small" edit issue which is annoying

With all the feature changes to Chrome (with version #69) There is one which resolved an issue on the New tab page and instead of reverting to the original Format has gone wild
I digress, the Original Format on the New Tab page was to display the Most visited URLs .For a long time This remained Stable and Editing kept it in check
Next about a Year ago , the New Tab page URLs Started Displaying random recent Website URLs and Deleting them Blanked the place holder and then another website would appear in my case it was mostly Video stream links
Also the New tab page had vertical scroll bars This issue was resolved in Version #69

Now the flip side The displayed bookmarks are almost all the places where I have visited in the last day/session or so .Some are Stable as they are not "Dated" those are mostly keepers
And here's the Item to be Ticketed . I delete the bookmark ,then close the page ,reopen the page and the Bookmarks are remade with the next item/s on the History list Some "visitors" do barge their way onto the Links KO'ing the kept Links occasionally

Suggestions? They add an option to the settings where you can opt for no refresh or Like Opera?/Yandex.browser set the New page tab links to a fixed Primary Favourite which is stable also they are Draggable (Chrome links have always been fixed)
My preset "New page" Primary List @ Yandex.browser "Tableau" page includes DuckDuckGo , Gmail,Bing , Bing Maps and WU Forums, and rarely sees any visitors
Old 16-09-18, 16:08
Top contributor

Default Re: Chrome 69's New Tab Page "small" edit issue which is annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedstor View Post
Suggestions? They add an option to the settings where you can opt for no refresh or Like Opera?/Yandex.browser set the New page tab links to a fixed Primary Favourite which is stable also they are Draggable (Chrome links have always been fixed)
The only Drag option you have is Taking the Link to either the Bookmarks bar (if it is activated?) or the main "Other Bookmarks" link

And another thing, the Drag & Drop /Shuffle icons is Active on the "Show apps" link/ Chrome Page has been like that always.
On version #69 that feature is unchanged