Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Other Hardware

Old 24-07-17, 08:06
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: Cruzer Blade 128gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru View Post
Refer them to the drive manufacturer.
Oh were it that easy. I don't know what "customers" are like in the USA ( I suspect much the same as here) but that would not work over here. Once they go off telling everyone that they have been ripped off it's too late. As I have said it hasn't happened to me but it is a scenario that I can quite see happening and if you actually read the OP then that is exactly the reason the original post was made. The poster does not believe what it tells him on his storage media compared to what his computer is telling him.
Old 25-07-17, 18:04
Enthusiastic contributor

Well...I'm old enough to know better I suppose, but I knew the number to call for them (an 0808 at least).

I had a few queries for them, and they said yes, that's the capacity of the drive. So, that's the way it is then!

Very polite and helpful though.

Tried a full format, it took 13 hours and didn't make any difference to the capacity whatsoever. I'd already got rid of the SecureAccess software anyway by the recommended method.
Old 28-07-17, 22:21
Highly valued member

I've not read all of this as it was getting far too heavy for my old head so sorry if this has been said somewhere earlier .... but!

One practical reason why you might not want to format to NAS is the interchangeability with Android. To be honest I'm not sure if the latest version of Android is different but earlier versions didn't like NAS at all. Although you can jump through a few hoops each time and with a following wind and some trust in the lord with luck get Android to read NAS if you can be bothered that is.

Also NAS on a USB is supposed to be less stable than FATS. By choice I would keep my USBs to FATS unless I desperately needed the larger file system and that would only be for Video but then Video on a USB (apart from just storage) is really only useful to playback on a mobile device and then that becomes a bit pointless as most mobile devices are Android based so they have trouble with NAS.

The best way is to reduce the file size to under 4Gb without loosing quality with something like handbrake but not many films are more than 4Gb unless straight AV. Converting to MP4 or even WMV will more than half that without any loss of quality
Old 29-07-17, 17:37
Highly valued member

Ooops! Just realised that in the post above I referred to NTFS as NAS which is because I had just left the other software thread about NAS systems. Just put it down to a senior moment which seem to be slowly getting closer together, dam it!

Please read NAS as NTFS.
Old 05-08-17, 16:34
Enthusiastic contributor

It's OK, I understand the difference.