Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 10 help

Old 20-01-18, 18:13
Familiar face

Default HP stream 11 win 10 update

Help I have purchased an H P stream 11 notebook and I am at a loss how I can download the latest W 10 update .I keep getting a message that their insufficient storage space to allow the download which requiries 8 Gb of space I have on C Drive 25 Gb of space of a Max of 29 G B I have no extra apps no photos no videos music and no documents in other words the laptop is as I purchased it .I have run Disk Clean up run CCleaner the only app on Laptop still no download any idea other than going to factory re install the laptop has been used for 5 months I have a 25 GB SD card installed I would be pleased if any help to fix problem
Old 20-01-18, 22:55
Global Moderator

Default Re: HP stream 11 win 10 update

If you are saying that the SSD/HDD is only of a 29GB size, then I would take it back to where you bought it and tell them that because the SSD/HDD is too small for Win 10, it is not fit for purpose and ask for a refund, even though you bought it in good faith.

EDIT - Having checked the machine's specs, a 32GB HDD isn't really suitable.

Last edited by Cantrel; 20-01-18 at 23:43.
Old 21-01-18, 09:11
Highly valued member

Popejohn,
If you don't take or read "Computer Active" mag, the sister (or daughter) of this WU mag, then I suggest that you buy a copy and get the help of the "Consumeractive" section, should Cantrel's advice regarding a return on the grounds of "not fit for purpose" fall on deaf ears.

Not knowing the circumstances of where you purchased it or price paid, etc, it's difficult to give any other help in regards to your rights in this matter.
CA will oft take up your cause if they feel that the seller / manufacturer is wrong in their refusal to refund, etc.

I found the latest CA edition, Issue 519, very informative. Hope WU don't mind me saying this, but they have no forum to post on as we do, as all regulars on here will know.

fosseway
Old 13-02-18, 15:50
Familiar face

Cool Re: HP stream 11 win 10 update

Sorry I have not replied before but I have taken advice from three different P C World Engineers, each giving different advice about the problem all to no avail each contradicting the other I contacted Microsoft Support who took over my computer to try and sort out the problem,they had control of it for some twenty minutes checked everything out and said I should now be able to download update .All to no avail I eventually got in touch with a Computer Shop where I live I have been advised it is not possible to download to this type and size of Netbook/Laptop and microsoft are aware of this and are supposed to sort it out in the near future thanks for your time OH TO BE BACK ON WINDOWS 7 If I could be sure if I purchased a Product key it would work I would do it tomorrow
Old 13-02-18, 16:34
Global Moderator

So were you able to get your money back ?

It's not just a case of putting Win 7 on there as there would be the question of Win 7 drivers for the graphics, audio and network adapters.

You may be able to find a Win 7 OEM licence online but I'd be distrustful of them.