Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Tablets, smartphones and e-readers

Old 12-06-17, 12:41
Established member

Default Huwei internal storage full? Internet wont work!

My Huwei Y360-U31 is no longer connecting to the Internet. It might do for a short time then shows 'You are Offline' and 'Err_Internet_Disconnected'. The Wifi is ON and Data Connection is connected to Vodaphone (my server is Talk Talk). Also, my internal memory is full, and wonder whether this is the problem as their is no memory for the internet to connect! Other facilities seem to work. I do have an SD card with plenty of memory, about 62GB. However, cannot seem to transfer info from Internal to SD. Any thoughts welcomed, Thank you.
Old 15-06-17, 16:26
Established member

Default Re: Huwei internal storage full? Internet wont work!

I have deleted some stuff, eg whats app, which didn't work as there was no internet connection. Now the internet works on phone so lnternal Memory Full was the reason.
Trying to move stuff from Internal Memory to SD card and lots of apps won't move. Trying to do this by connecting Phone to Laptop. However, cannot find the differential between SD and Internal Memory (IM) on the Laptop site, so as to transfer IM to SD.
If there are any thoughts this would be helpful. Thank you.
Old 18-06-17, 06:19
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsong View Post
I have deleted some stuff, eg whats app, which didn't work as there was no internet connection. Now the internet works on phone so lnternal Memory Full was the reason.
Trying to move stuff from Internal Memory to SD card and lots of apps won't move. Trying to do this by connecting Phone to Laptop. However, cannot find the differential between SD and Internal Memory (IM) on the Laptop site, so as to transfer IM to SD.
If there are any thoughts this would be helpful. Thank you.
Many phones dont allow you to move much to the external card in a lot of phones its a waste of money to have a external card photos and files can be stored in the cloud my last 3 phones after a couple of years you get the phones memory is full i dont even have much on them .
They want you to buy a new one
Old 18-06-17, 08:18
Enthusiastic contributor

I use App2SD from the store. Transfers most of my apps to the SD card.
Old 20-06-17, 07:17
Established member

Thank you. I think if I download this App2SD onto my smartphone it will leave me with no internal storage for it to work. Might it work, I wonder if I plugged in my phone to my laptop and used the App2SD there?
Old 10-08-17, 19:22
Highly valued member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsong View Post
I wonder if I plugged in my phone to my laptop and used the App2SD there?
Android software won't run on standard Windows anymore than Windows will run on Android without an Android emulator installed to your PC as they are completely different operating systems.

Google's Android Studio (bit difficult to set up) or the seemingly more popular Bluestacks will simulate an Android environment on your PC and allow Android Apps to run on Windows but I doubt the App running on the PC through an emulator would be able to interact with the Android system of your phone.

Although thinking about it, it may be possible to install a few off your apps a fresh to your SD card using the emulator on your PC then you could delete those from your phone's internal memory and make a bit of room for Apps2SD to work.

I've never needed to try that so I don't know if it will work. Issues could be that when you move the SD card back to your Phone it can no longer see the Apps installed there on the PC with the emulator.

This could be so because even though you have used an Android emulator the App has been written differently than standard Android by the emulator running on the Windows PC. Or! .. not all of the app has been written to the SD card as quite often some Apps that be installed to SD still have a few files retained in the internal memory but if you uninstall the Apps those files are also uninstalled plus the recorded route to the system's operating folders will undoubtedly be different on the emulator to the route on your phone.

You can but suck it and see, it's the best way to learn. If the phone can see the apps written by the emulator you may be in with a chance providing the app can find the required system file paths and you can establish if an app installs fully to the SD card or not. The only way I can think of establishing that without first uninstalling the app from your phone is trying the SD card in another phone (or Tablet) which does not have that app installed

If it were me I'd think about a factory reset and starting again, it won't be much different to changing your phone anyway except maybe for your address book and contacts. spare weekend coming up??
Old 10-08-17, 19:35
Highly valued member

Just noticed this thread is a tad old so I have no doubt just wasted 15 minutes or so.