Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Computer components and accessories

Old 09-07-17, 17:28
Enthusiastic contributor

Unhappy Epson WF2530 printer problems

I have my printer as default on my Laptop and the software installed I am only a light user so print occasionly but when I want to print it doesn't I am both frustrated with this printer would appreciate any help thanks .
Old 09-07-17, 19:08
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: Epson WF2530 printer problems

When you go into Devices and Printers in the Control Panel is the printer icon showing as a solid, probably black, picture or is greyed out? Does the printer icon in Devices and Printers have a green tick beside it? When you print, say from Word, is the correct printer selected in the printer slot at the top of the printer box? How is your printer connected to your laptop, USB cable or wirelessly?
Old 09-07-17, 19:47
Enthusiastic contributor

Hi Peter it is connected by ordinary 3 pin plug and WiFi last time I looked it had a tick by it
Old 09-07-17, 21:12
Global Moderator

Can you right click on the printer icon in Devices and Printers and select Troubleshoot - it may tell you what's wrong if it detects a fault.

In my Devices and Printers I have two icons for it but the green tick is next to the one for Network on my Win 7 laptop.

This is the one you need to select in the print window -

TmsPrt.jpg

If it's a software problem then Event Viewer may also have something recorded but go into Services by going Start - type services.msc and press enter when it comes up and then scroll down to Print Spooler to see if it is showing as Started and Automatic.

When you select print, do you get a pop up to show the printer working and to view the Print Queue ?

If you don't, this article will show you how to view the Print Queue and how to clear it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/100358/how...s-print-queue/
Old 09-07-17, 23:10
Top contributor

I have an Epson WF-2010W Single-Function Printer - it's fairly basic and as I already had a perfectly good scanner, this was all I needed. On your PC, if you look in All Programs>Epson Software, it should show an 'Epson User's Guide' which will open with your PDF reader. You may find some useful info there. My printer is connected by USB - this shows if I right-click on the printer's icon in Devices and Printers, then click Printer properties>Port tab. In the General window of Printer properties, click on Preferences and you can either leave things as they are or make changes if you want to. There are plenty of options there! Obviously this is for my printer, but I think yours may have some similarities.

Has you printer ever printed anything since you installed it? Do its other functions work properly?
Old 11-07-17, 10:46
Enthusiastic contributor

Hi Madeline my Epson was all dancing and singing of which I did't need fax,scanner, print, copy , I have now uninstalled it compleletly I only ever used it rarely can you tell me having uninstalled all the drivers and software will there be any traces left in the registry ?.
Old 11-07-17, 22:45
Top contributor

I’m sorry um_please, I don’t know whether there will be any leftovers in the registry. I’ve never uninstalled a printer so it’s difficult to say! I’m curious to know, if you didn’t need “fax,scanner, print, copy”, what exactly did you need the printer for?