Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 8 help

Notices

Old 10-01-13, 16:29
Familiar face

Default Kaspersky fault

I am using windows 8 and have a problem playing the daily x box challenges the error is "DC user files are not available 011000" i posted this on Microsofts help page and it seems i am not the only one with this problem,Microsofts answer is to disable protection in Kaspersky which i reluctantly done and managed to play the game the only problem is my laptop is then vulnerable.I have e-mailed Kaspersky but as yet havent had a reply.
Old 10-01-13, 17:07
Global Moderator

Default Re: Kaspersky fault

I agree that your computer will be vunerable without an active AV and until/if you recieve a reply from Kaspersky, it would be prudent to re-enable the built-in Windows Defender.

You may have to uninstall Kaspersky in the meantime as its presence may cause a conflict with Windows Defender.

Do you have an additional non-active AV scanner onboard such as MBAM or SAS that you can use to do an additional sweep as you could already have picked something up.
Old 15-02-13, 19:16
Familiar face

I have found another fault with Kaspersky internet security namely that if the protection is enabled 6 of my windows 8 apps don't work namely Photo,Travel,Messenger,Skydrive,Social,and calendar,I have now uninstalled Kaspersky and will use the built in Microsoft security which I think is adequate enough.Now everything is working ok.
Old 19-02-13, 19:00
Familiar face

I have had a reply from Kaspersky saying they have an update patch released on 21st so I will reinstall it an update this patch and post here if it works as im sure there must be other windows 8 users getting the same problem.