Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Notices

Old 19-10-18, 21:58
Top contributor

Default Vivaldi 2.0 review: The modern Web browser does not have to be so bland

This review is from Ars Technica:

Vivaldi 2.0 review: The modern Web browser does not have to be so bland | Ars Technica
Quote:
Vivaldi says about half of all the 2.0 features come from user feedback and suggestions.
It's a long review and it makes interesting reading. This is how it ends;
Quote:
Conclusion

Vivaldi 2.0 is not perfect. Its lack of a mobile version remains frustrating, and there are some other features I'd like to see, like a way to export notes, to make notes on PDF files, keyboard shortcuts for selecting tabs, and an Opera-mail style mail client. (Most of these I know are on the roadmap.) But this release sees the browser maturing, adding the features users want while continuing to focus on the details that have made Vivaldi a power user's delight from the start.

When I asked why a tech-savvy user might consider switching from, say, Firefox, von Tetzchner said Vivaldi's advantage lies in that user-centric focus. "It's about the focus on you and your requirements," he says. "Other browsers are removing features, we're adding them. There's more than one way to do everything in Vivaldi, so make it yours."

So, if you'll excuse me, I need to go utilize my keyboard shortcuts and drum up an email. Might as well submit one more request for that Vivaldi mobile.
Old 21-10-18, 01:29
Top contributor

Default Re: Vivaldi 2.0 review: The modern Web browser does not have to be so bland

The Windows Club has a good review of Vivaldi version 2.0 too:

Vivaldi Browser 2.0 Review: Advanced Features and Improvements
Quote:
Vivaldi web browser has come up with its latest version Vivaldi 2.0 which brings some amazing upgrades, new features, and many functionality improvements. This would be the best ever version of the browser because it brings more than 1500 improvements since its first version.

The latest Vivaldi gives users the total control over their browser and its settings. The way it looks feels and works, everything will now be under your control. With many new features, Vivaldi will be the best productivity tool on your PC. Lets discuss this latest version of Vivaldi Web Browser in detail.