Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Hints and Tips

Notices

Old 06-08-18, 04:32
Top contributor

Lightbulb Try this on your Tablet for extra information

I've been messing about with my Tablet and found a rather good extended information link. Might also work on the Surface Tablet etc devices too?
My Starting point oddly was in the reply on a WU thread and on Android when I point at a typo or spelling mistake (Light Dab) the error is highlighted in black font on red and a link shows giving us the option of adding it to the dictionary... Never used this .

Now here's where it gets intriguing, while inspecting what I had just posted. instead of tapping the page to restore it to default size I tapped on a word (Light Tap again) and this time it highlighted in a Black font on pale blue! Why? Tapped again and at the foot of the screen appeared a Google "G" icon with the Selected word central in the caption box. Tapped once more (on the box) and the caption opened up giving lots of information about the word. (Mainly Dictionary type websites) With a little more practice /patience I was able to link a few adjacent words together and get out of the dictionary meanings "Walled Garden"
Does not work with hyperlinks goes to open the link OK?
Also displayed a few images in the new links too 😊
Edit :I did see that it could do a portal type search like with the Windows 10 Start menu so icons other than Google's G should appear for you!
Old 06-08-18, 12:17
Top contributor

Default Re: Try this on your Tablet for extra information

Further thing I have to tell you is if you are not blessed with a light touch the single or double blue "Teardrop" cursor feature comes into play >CON It can take you on a false trail. I have no use for where it landed us🙄
Old 06-08-18, 16:25
Top contributor

Cannot reproduce the Link using the Forum Controls but the shade when it displays is black font on Cyan or Medium Turquoise
Again Can make the link perfect on Gmail (Draft/Compose)but does not Transfer copy across
Old 15-10-18, 04:21
Top contributor

Further tip regarding the " Blue Teardrop Pointers" editing if you hold it over the target words... Have to hold your finger for a second to make it show then you will see the either the "Copy /Share/Select All/Search" toolbar label. Or, it will show "Cut /Copy /Paste/Select All" depending where you dab on the page >Have to be delicate until you get the touch right. As for grabbing a few words for quote pasting or searching make sure when you dab the first word of the quote you get the "Double Teardrop " Next comes the fiddly bit may take a few attempts to get it right, carefully move /drag the Teardrop to the right until you are satisfied. I still am having a little difficulty with moving the pointer onto the line/s below have to be patient(the Teardrop does drag up & down)
However it was easy enough to select "Copy" off the toolbar menu then point at the place to be copied to... Changes to the single Teardrop then on the toolbar select "Paste"