Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Computer components and accessories

Notices

Old 23-11-17, 10:50
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Laptop batteries

Any advice on where to get a laptop battery for a dell please. Its windows xp i can put the model number if necessary.and no probs with ebay
Old 23-11-17, 10:57
Top contributor

Default Re: Laptop batteries

I did an online search and saw may offers including eBay. Amazon has plenty but you will need to see if it fits your machine.
Old 23-11-17, 11:03
Global Moderator

Just Google for a battery for your make and number of Dell.

However, I would advise buying from Dell as the cheapies may not be of the best quality.

I bought a cheapie for my Toshiba and shortly after, read where someone had bought a battery from what looked like the same place I had bought mine and it had exploded in the laptop.

I never used that one and bought from Toshiba.

Memory being what it is, later I had to get one for another laptop and didn't realise I had bought from the same cheapie but when I put that one into the machine and ran HWMonitor, I found it already had 4% wear - which would represent about 6 months loss of usage for me.
Old 23-11-17, 16:37
Enthusiastic contributor

Sorry if this is a daft question....but does Cantrel mean direct from Dell or will the Dell ones on Amazon be genuine as Fratpark says too ? Ive got an amazon account and can use paypal. Ill def get.a Dell though after reading both your comments.
Old 23-11-17, 16:47
Top contributor

If Amazon check to see if it Amazon who are selling the battery or one of their traders. You are safer buying from just Amazon. If in doubt go to Dell.
Old 23-11-17, 16:48
Global Moderator

There's some listed as genuine and some listed as replacement on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...l_3yd47n1lzi_e

I'd be wary of those listed as replacement.

This is the genuine Dell UK site where you will need to do a search for your model.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...=uk&l=en&s=dhs

If you find a genuine one on Amazon then you can compare prices with Dell - although I think they may be more expensive.
Old 27-11-17, 11:28
Enthusiastic contributor

it seems Dell don't do the one I want anymore....it isn't on the site...it isn't THAT old !! The replacement ones on Amazon are from 30+ inc postage. Not too bad I suppose but I think I might go to Maplins or somewhere and see if they can do anything. I'm not desperate for one, I can use the electric lead to use it in the other room..in fact buying a new lead would be cheaper than that as I currently have it plugged into my desktop multiplug etc to use the speakers and is a bit of a pain to keep unplugging it all the time thats all.
Old 27-11-17, 11:51
Global Moderator

Have you tried contacting Dell - they may have one lying around ?
Old 31-12-17, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE5 View Post
it seems Dell don't do the one I want anymore....it isn't on the site...it isn't THAT old !! The replacement ones on Amazon are from 30+ inc postage. Not too bad I suppose but I think I might go to Maplins or somewhere and see if they can do anything. I'm not desperate for one, I can use the electric lead to use it in the other room..in fact buying a new lead would be cheaper than that as I currently have it plugged into my desktop multiplug etc to use the speakers and is a bit of a pain to keep unplugging it all the time thats all.
Yeah I think Amazon will be a good choice but I would suggest getting a generic version. It'll just be cheaper and to be honest, Dell is a brand that died ages ago.
Old 31-12-17, 21:59
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiboy View Post
Yeah I think Amazon will be a good choice but I would suggest getting a generic version. It'll just be cheaper and to be honest, Dell is a brand that died ages ago.
I bought a generic one for one of my Toshiba laptops and on checking it with HWMonitor, I found it already had 4% wear - it went back for a refund.