Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Computer components and accessories

Old 01-09-17, 19:35
Familiar face

Default HP Envy 5530 Printer

Suddenly, in last 7-10 days, printing Yahoo email or PDF form takes about 5 minutes per page from my Acer laptop (Windows 10). If I copy and paste text onto Wordpad, and then print from there, no problem as printer prints at normal speed!

Discovered I had an HP app so clicked on that, and printed downloaded PDF form in 2 seconds flat. But app only gives option to print document or photo, and I want to be able to print Yahoo email, etc. Why this sudden difficulty? Have tried accessing help sections but bad eyesight and 73 year old brain doesn't do the trick. Can you help?

Incidentally, tried printing email using iPad = no problem! Took 2 seconds to print!
Old 02-09-17, 16:36
Familiar face

Default Re: HP Envy 5530 Printer

Whats your print settings in your internet browser. have you got it set to Best Quality
Old 02-09-17, 20:23
Familiar face

Quote:
Originally Posted by volts View Post
Whats your print settings in your internet browser. have you got it set to Best Quality
No, always set to mid-quality. Changed it to draft but that made no difference. Only have problems printing Yahoo emails or downloaded PDFs. Printing direct from Wordpad or Documents is fine! (Yet, I can print Yahoo emails or PDF downloads with no problem when using iPad. But not from my Acer laptop, and I had no problem until last week!)

It's almost as though printer no longer deals normally with "third parties"... Does this info help?
Old 02-09-17, 20:27
Global Moderator

Have you tried your restore points and have you downloaded anything or has anything updated between then and now ?
Old 02-09-17, 21:06
Familiar face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrel View Post
Have you tried your restore points and have you downloaded anything or has anything updated between then and now ?
According to my info, I have no restore points! Since I got a laptop with Windows 10, I can no longer find anything, including updates! Not aware I've downloaded anything of late, sorry...
Old 02-09-17, 21:17
Global Moderator

Is System Protection turned on ?

To view your updates, go Start - click on the settings cog and then on Update and Security.

Click on Update History and then click on Uninstall updates, but Win 10 is downloading stuff most of the time which won't appear in Update History.

To view those, go Start - start to type reliability and then press enter when View reliability history comes up.

It may even have installed some drivers.

There's a lot of things you can access simply by going Start and typing them and then press enter when the appropriate one comes up.

Right clicking on the Start button also gives you a pretty decent Start menu.

Last edited by Cantrel; 03-09-17 at 08:54.
Old 02-09-17, 21:34
Top contributor

Is it the actual printing part of the cycle that's slow i.e. not including any 'waiting/initialising' period ?

There's a 'diagnostic' utility here if you haven't already used it. There's also the standard re-install the drivers procedure.
Is the connection between printer & laptop USB or wireless ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...304882/drivers

Don't know whether that's the same diagnostic program as the one here >

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146
Old 03-09-17, 19:56
Familiar face

Smile Re: HP Envy 5530 Printer

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks to Cantrel, I know that System Protection is turned on and how to find my updates. And umpteen thanks to Stewart40 : I used one of the links to download HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0. Still not quite what it did but, when downloaded, my problem disappeared (to answer your question, the printer would show "printing" right away but the paper itself took ages to print and come out of the printer, about 5 minutes per page, but only when printing forms and emails).

Have now tested printer and it works beautifully once again. I can't thank you for taking the time to help me. XXX
Old 03-09-17, 20:30
Familiar face

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmex View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks to Cantrel, I know that System Protection is turned on and how to find my updates. And umpteen thanks to Stewart40 : I used one of the links to download HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0. Still not quite what it did but, when downloaded, my problem disappeared (to answer your question, the printer would show "printing" right away but the paper itself took ages to print and come out of the printer, about 5 minutes per page, but only when printing forms and emails).

Have now tested printer and it works beautifully once again. I can't thank you for taking the time to help me. XXX
P.S. I obviously meant to write "I can't thank you ENOUGH...." Ooops
Old 03-09-17, 20:57
Top contributor

Could have been an issue with the Print Spooler - either not receiving the print data fast enough and/or not sending it fast enough to the printer'.
Anyway, good that's it's fixed.