Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Feedback & Announcements

Old 12-02-18, 12:00
Established member

Talking Tried ScanTransfer - Excellent utility

Just thought Id let you know, as mentioned in the magazine WEBUSER
Tried ScanTransfer from an iPhone to a Desktop PC, (with no wi-fi), but on the same router and it worked so fast I had to check the download folder and there were the photos.

This will save me using the clumsy I-cloud on the PC or e-mailing myself the photos.

I take on-the-fly photos of a Heritage Steam Train restoration project, so this will be very helpful.

Cheers!

Meester Chris
Don't all shout at once
Old 14-02-18, 13:50
Highly valued member

Default Re: Tried ScanTransfer - Excellent utility

After spending a disproportionate amount of time yesterday fiddling around with my wife's phone and tablet to (after much pestering) get her Tablet gallery up to date that sounds like it could be a very useful app, but I'm confused regarding the devices having to be on the same router but no wifi is involved,

So for instance if wifi is switched off on both devices how are they connected to the same router.

I can only think that a computer might be hard wired to the router and the data is transferred between the two via mobile data, but then a lot of tablets do not have a mobile data function, ie no SIM Card and if it uses blue tooth which after looking at the App's brief description I think unlikely, wifi and being on the same router would surely have no bearing on it.
Old 20-02-18, 10:46
Established member

Talking Re: Tried ScanTransfer - Excellent utility

Ah so.............

"So for instance if wifi is switched off on both devices how are they connected to the same router."

I use ancient Chinese medicine. It's called an Ethernet Cable, the fastest connection to a router known to Confucius.

Meester Chris
Don't all shout at once
Old 20-02-18, 23:09
Highly valued member

Default Re: Tried ScanTransfer - Excellent utility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post

So for instance if wifi is switched off on both devices how are they connected to the same router. ...

... I can only think that a computer might be hard wired to the router and the data is transferred between the two via mobile data, but then a lot of tablets do not have a mobile data function,
Quote:
I use ancient Chinese medicine. It's called an Ethernet Cable, the fastest connection to a router known to Confucius.

Yes me too

So you are using wifi for the phone/tablet. It was just the transferring data with no wifi in the OP that had me puzzled but I guess its the way you read it.