Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Email and Messaging

Old 31-01-18, 22:33
Enthusiastic contributor

Question Web mail with last login time date stamp and unsuccessful logins on front page?

Are there any web mail services which show on the opening page after you login your last login time and date so you can check immediately there's been no one else accessing account? Surely this is an obvious thing to have on the opening / main page of your mailbox and not buried somewhere in the settings under privacy or something? Further, there should be unsuccessful logins with the time and date as well so you can monitor if anyone has been trying to get into your account?

I'm surprised if there isn't any email service which doesn't have at least the first of these suggestions. I don't think the main ones such as Hotmail, Outlook, Live, Yahoo mail , Gmail have them.

When I login to my WU account, I can see in the top right corner when I last visited.
Old 03-02-18, 02:41
Top contributor

Default Re: Web mail with last login time date stamp and unsuccessful logins on front page?

Gmail will give you that info. When I log in, underneath the list of mail, in very small print it says
Quote:
Last account activity
On mine a few minutes ago, it said that my last activity was "1 day ago". Under this, I can click "Details" and a small, separate window entitled "Activity on this account" will open giving more comprehensive details. I can't find anything similar on my BT Mail account or on Outlook Email.
Old 03-02-18, 04:43
Top contributor

Default Re: Web mail with last login time date stamp and unsuccessful logins on front page?

As far as I'm awares only Google keep a short log on the Log on Times and IP number changes Changes on the users own dbicAvice..Does flag (emails to the holer email box) if the Account has been opened on a device which is not on the Local network and reminds the account holder to Logout of the web account and Back in to Reset all .I have to double log in if I'm using a public library Terminal and that is with a 14 digit A/C number and another 4 digit password Then To open Gmail that's another 9 Character "Name" then my Mixed character Password which is also 9 Characters which is security rated "very strong" on the detection stage. So, It's unlikely anyone would/could crack it to get any access (even by shoulder surfing) what is it? 3 attempts to get it right then it locks out and then I get a Mention in my reserve contact email box and have never been bothered by a Keylogger Pest Antivirus is setup and Updated
Old 04-02-18, 00:36
Top contributor

My "Activity" on Gmail is shown for 5 days back. There's more info here:

Last account activity - Gmail Help

A couple of times I had an email from Google claiming that someone was accessing my Gmail account from the Netherlands. It was me - at the time I was trying out Opera's built-in VPN!
Old 04-02-18, 03:36
Top contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline View Post

A couple of times I had an email from Google claiming that someone was accessing my Gmail account from the Netherlands. It was me - at the time I was trying out Opera's built-in VPN!
The Tor Browser lets you select up front where you want to be based is that true for "All" VPN Apps? or is there others which auto allocate a location for you? If so that means If you are trying to view a Video stream URL You may be locked out until a "safe place" is found If the default is a small list ? Tor had as I recall a Very long list of manual connections
Quote:
Why Anonymity Matters
Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location
https://www.torproject.org/

Remember this from TOR? https://atlas.torproject.org/#toprelays This helps with the setup connections when you are using these high ranked hosts also helps with calibrating your setup too reminds us of the old Email channels for secure email transfers Need a Tutorial article to explain how to best utilise it.
Old 04-02-18, 22:39
Top contributor

I've tried Tor, but didn't get on with it very well. It slowed things down and this site wasn't happy about it either as I had trouble logging in. I can change my location in Opera's VPN although mostly I don't use it at all.