Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Windows 7 help

Old 28-09-17, 23:10
Familiar face

Angry Contex Menu

Hi, about a year ago I tried Soda 8 PDF; I hated it so removed it but try as I may I cannot get it off the right click contex menu.

i have been through the registry via the editor and scoured it for any mention and I have tried 4 different bits of software that are supposed to find and remove such enteries but Nothing has worked. I originally removed it with Iobit Uninstall and have even tried installing soda again and deleting but it Still shows.

anyone any ideas to get rid of this; it doesnt cause a problem but it does wind me up seeing it there??
Old 28-09-17, 23:11
Familiar face

Default Re: Contex Menu

forgot to add, it shows as "edit with" and "Print to"......
Old 28-09-17, 23:41
Enthusiastic contributor

Go back to the registry editor. Open as Administrator. Back up the registry (Click on File then on Export). Click on Edit, then on Find. Enter Soda in Find What and click Find Next. Repeat until all the entries have been found and removed.
Old 28-09-17, 23:57
Top contributor

What calimanco said should do the trick, but if you have any difficulty, maybe these articles will be useful:

How to Clean Up Your Messy Windows Context Menu

How to Remove Programs from the “Open With” Context Menu in Windows

There's also this from 'The Windows Club':

Add & customize context menus in Windows with Right-Click Extender

Although it's called 'Right-Click Extender', it can also be used to delete stuff. It's old, but still works as far as I know.
Old 30-09-17, 10:06
Global Moderator

For the CCleaner fans a very easy way to manage your Context (right click) menu....

Open CCleaner, then select > Tools > Startup > Context Menu. From that menu you can Enable, Disable or Delete....
Old 06-10-17, 14:44
Highly valued member

Just to add to this,

If you don't want Ccleaner and or don't want to install extra software there is a context menu manager in Glary Utilities (portable) which provides a good selection of other useful tools. Although I think Ccleaner does offer control over more elements of the context menu.

But as Glary is portable it can of course be installed to a USB or downloaded to a folder on your machine and installed and run from that folder with it putting down roots in the registry.

If you do decide to try this there are two option, self extracting and Zipped. I would always go for the zipped as you then have better control over the location where the portable running files are unpacked.
Old 23-12-17, 12:33
Familiar face

Red face Re: Contex Menu

Ladies & Gents,

thank you all for your comments; I had of course tried the likes of Ccleaner etc and had deleted entries I found in the registry, however as I dont delve there too often, I had forgotten "find next".

Having run through that, i found several hundred enteries I had missed so I am pleased to report it has Finally gone! Party on!

Im a little suprised that CCleaner, System Cleaner and Iobit had all failed to remove traces; but I understand this nasty piece of software is well known for being difficult to remove.

Special thanks to Calimanco for the reminder and to Madeline who always has something to offer
Old 24-12-17, 00:34
Top contributor

You’re very welcome The Shadow and now I offer my pleasure at knowing you’ve got the issue sorted!