Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Hints and Tips

Old 29-04-18, 02:07
Top contributor

Default Vivaldi ~ more settings

Apart from the settings you can access via the Vivaldi Menu button, then Tools>Settings, there are more settings available. Type chrome://settings into the Location Bar, press Enter and a new page will show with various settings you can alter. Use the 3-bar icon on the top left hand side to see more options, then open the Advanced menu by clicking on the little down arrow. One of the most useful items there is the Language section where you can set the language the browser and spell check both use From English (United States) to English (United Kingdom). Have a look at it and see what you can do!
Old 29-04-18, 07:00
Highly valued member

Default Re: Vivaldi ~ more settings

Thanks for that info Madeline. I must take time out to explore your suggestions. Still like Vivaldi although I find the screen sizing awkward, have to tinker with the increase and decrease slider to read some stuff. I prefer it to be 100 per cent and then changeable to my liking.

fosseway
Old 30-04-18, 01:14
Top contributor

Good luck with it! Don't be surprised when, after typing or pasting chrome://settings into the Location Bar, it's changed to vivaldi://settings simultaneously with the page being opened! Also when yoiun want these Settings, don't type or paste vivaldi://settings into the Location bar as that will just give you the same Settings you'd get by going to Tools>Settings or using Alt+P. It's weird, but that seems to be the way it works!
Old 30-04-18, 21:45
Top contributor

If you want to keep these settings easily available, click on the + sign on the web panel on the left hand side of the browser, then click 'Add Web Panel'. If you can't see the panel, click on the icon on the bottom left hand side of the browser, then on 'Show Panel'. You can show or hide the panel as required.
Old 26-05-18, 19:03
Top contributor

Despite what it says ~ incorrectly ~ in issue 450 of WU, to get access to the additional Settings options, you MUST type or paste chrome://settings into the Location Bar and NOT vivaldi://settings otherwise it simply won't work. You can see the difference in the tab title ~ vivaldi://settings has the title 'Startup Settings, whereas chrome://settings shows 'Settings'. If you decide to add it to the Web Panel, you'll see that when you hover your mouse pointer over the icon, it will show chrome://settings/ below the word 'Settings'.