Go Back   Web User Forums > All Other Technical Help Topics > All other topics

Notices

Old 02-05-18, 09:17
Global Moderator

Default Re: Logging in with TSB

I haven't experienced the log out button disappearing yet, but it's slow in moving from page to page because of the grey and dimming screen.
Old 03-05-18, 06:01
Enthusiastic contributor

Angry Re: Logging in with TSB

When I logged in to TSB this morning and looked at my list of accounts I noticed that my Visa and Mastercard accounts had disappeared, which has me worried.
I have emailed Paul Pester asking when this will be sorted and await a reply.
Old 03-05-18, 10:44
Global Moderator

I've just been into mine and other than the title of my current account, I just had a blank screen until I clicked on Open mini statement.

There was a bit of a delay when I clicked on for the full statement, but all of that was there.

However, when I clicked on Back to your accounts I just got the original screen with the name of my current account with blank screen and no sign of my credit card account.

Hopefully it will all come out in the wash so while I can get some access, I'm not going to worry about it.

One thing though, we now get 5% on our Classic Plus current account.
Old 03-05-18, 23:40
Top contributor

Articles from WIRED UK and The Register:

'We're on our knees': Inside the totally avoidable TSB banking crisis | WIRED UK
Quote:
As TSB's banking meltdown enters its second week, chief executive Paul Pester has promised compensation and MPs are demanding answers. Will it be enough for the bank to save its reputation?
TSB's middleware nightmare: Execs grilled on Total Sh*tshow at Bank The Register
Quote:
MPs slam bosses for failure to grasp reputational damage to UK online banking

The boss of British bank TSB has insisted it carried out rigorous testing ahead of a systems migration that saw thousands without access to their accounts for over a week but revealed he won't be getting a chunk of his bonus.
The article from WIRED UK is very illuminating over exactly what people are having to put up with.
Old 04-05-18, 06:56
Enthusiastic contributor

Logged in this morning - my Mastercard and Visa accounts are back, but not able to view statements for these - an error message pops up.
Old 04-05-18, 09:42
Global Moderator

I was able to view my card statements but the same as yesterday, when I clicked on Log Out I got a 503 error.
Old 06-05-18, 00:43
Top contributor

This has become quite a saga! I saw these stories on the BBC Business News site:

TSB boss Paul Pester to give up 2m bonus amid IT mess - BBC News
Quote:
TSB chief executive Paul Pester will give up his "integration bonus" of 2m following the IT fiasco at the bank.

However, his full pay and bonus package will not be decided until the end of 2018, the Treasury Committee has heard.

He told the committee that the bank had received 40,000 complaints after millions of customer accounts were moved to a new computer system.

MPs heard that no date could be set for the end of the fiasco, which has already lasted nearly two weeks.
It's both shocking and worrying for customers that apparently "...no date could be set for the end of the fiasco..."

TSB computer fiasco: 'Our 24 hours of moving chaos' - BBC News
Quote:
TSB's reputation will depend on how it compensates customers for the distress and inconvenience caused by its IT fiasco, an expert has said.

Richard Lloyd, chairman of complaints service Resolver, said the bank would be "in big trouble" if it failed with customers' less tangible losses.

A perfect illustration is the case of the Jones family - TSB mortgage-holders - who were expecting to move house.

For 24 hours they faced the prospect of having to move to a hotel instead.

The migration of data on TSB's five million customers from former owner Lloyds' IT system to a new one managed by Sabadell has led to nearly two weeks of difficulties for the bank and more than 40,000 customer complaints so far.