Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Open Forum

Old 12-01-18, 17:08
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: Some good news.

The GLA impact assessment report on Brexit produced at Sadiq Khan’s request is another flawed piece of work which starts from the original brief: prove that Brexit is bad.

The summary point is simple. Project Fear’s expert cheerleaders such as the IMF, World Bank, OECD, and the CBI couldn’t even forecast with any degree of accuracy how UK GDP would perform for 1 year from the end of 2016 to the end of 2017, they were mostly 50 per cent wrong! So what chance do these supposed experts, Cambridge Econometrics (who, by the way, are ardent supporters of Corbyn and unashamed Remainers) have of being accurate over 13 years to the end of 2030?

Londoners should be dismayed that the Mayor is wasting their taxpayer funds to suit his own personal anti-Brexit political agenda. His role as Mayor is to promote London and he should be focusing on the many opportunities that Brexit will bring for London. Of which there was a huge amount of hard, factual evidence for this week.

The 2017 Financial Times financial centres ranking placed London in their top spot, not one single EU city even made it into the top 10 on the list. Already, London is showcasing its status as the top place to work in the world, as two large recruitment firms dismissed fears of a Brexodus of workers from the City. Robert Walters, recorded "record results" due to hiring in London during the final quarter of last year, while PageGroup now almost laugh at the notion that Paris or Frankfurt will pinch the best talent rooted in London.

To top that off, manufacturing output is at a ten year high, factory growth is at its highest level in seven years and over December spending growth hit an eight month high. The UK is set for even more bright Brexit news once we leave the EU and we disentangle ourselves from the devious web of red tape Brussels forces us to adopt.

Despite all this good news, Remoaners are still determined to stop Brexit. A second referendum must be avoided at all costs: not because I fear losing it, the real point is the damage it would do to our global reputation and the loss of confidence in democracy amongst tens of millions of voters, which would have totally unpredictable consequences.
Old 12-01-18, 17:43
Highly valued member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nob14 View Post
Despite all this good news, Remoaners are still determined to stop Brexit. A second referendum must be avoided at all costs: not because I fear losing it, the real point is the damage it would do to our global reputation and the loss of confidence in democracy amongst tens of millions of voters, which would have totally unpredictable consequences.
Plus while the EU think there is a chance of doing what they have always done, ie. ignore 'No' referendums and then ploy a rerun with all their unfounded threats and forecasts of doom squarely planted, they will be bolstered into not offering a fair deal.

If the UK is so dismissal in their run of thinking as they would like us to believe why are they trying so desperately to prevent us leaving.

This 'cake and eat it' routine is also starting to more than irritate a little. Let's just a have a deal which best suits both parties so we can sod off out of it once and for all.
Old 13-01-18, 12:56
Enthusiastic contributor

What else is cake for, I ask, but to be eaten.

Project Fear has been proven so wrong by the UK's recent economic performance that I think another referendum is very winnable by the Leavers.

I live in a staunchly remain part of the country, but talking to the locals nowadays it is safe to discuss leaving. It wasn't during the referendum campaign. They used to talk of safeguarding their children's heritage to travel freely and work in the EU, and the value of EU democracy. But after realising that the average unemployment figure for the 16 - 24 demographic in the EU is over 40% and rising, and seeing the brutal put down of the independence referendum in Catalonia, they are thinking again. Spain has three levels of police force. A local one who move about on Vespas, the Gardia Civil who move about in Humvees and who we saw in action in Catalonia, and a third force made up of Spanish and French paramilitary. These are even more brutal and have an EU wide remit which includes the UK, should Brussels so decide.

Of course the EU will bust a gut to prevent the UK from leaving as they know very well that we will be leading the way towards the end of their very cosy gravy train. It makes me feel almost sorry for the Kinnocks. Yuck. Rinse my mind with soap and water.

Nik
Old 13-01-18, 13:27
Global Moderator

No need to feel sorry for the Kinnocks - we'll still be paying for their EU pension and the rest.
Old 13-01-18, 16:11
Highly valued member

Yes! the only people who will be looking at a cliff edge are the EU freeloaders, and the EU fat cats plus the ones expecting a nice little cushy earner career at some point in the future.

What happened to the black abyss we were supposed to wake up to and find ourselves falling into on June 23rd 2016, why didn't the sky fall in as promised, why didn't all the investers and big business' pull out of UK Ltd and why aren't we all queuing for a crust of bread with all our banks and industry collapsed around us, everybody floundering around not knowing how to wipe their own noses without big brother EU to show us the way.

In 5 months time it will be two years on and we are actually doing better than we were before Brexit was announced and in fact doing better than the other EU countries too boot.

Now the remainers will be trying to convince that the cliff edge has actually been moved back a few years and the sky wont now actually fall in until around 2020. It really is all wearing a bit thin and many remain voters have started seeing through the ploy.

Like NB I hear less and less talk about the virtues of remaining, although they weren't really virtues, most of the remain voters arguments sprung from the fear instilled in them by the hard core remainers and now that BS is being increasingly exposed.
Old 13-01-18, 22:41
Enthusiastic contributor

I much prefer our "fat cats" the unelected 900 Lords as opposed to the 800 elected for the whole of Europe MEPs. The pounds only dropped 20% and the rise in food prices is nothing.Im glad the Eu legislation to stop our Elite scamming their taxs will be blocked by brexit.as for company's leaving quite a few have and we are still in the Eu,still im sure with Englands call center economy,banks(if they are still here ) we will soon be riding the high life.
I know our kids can look forward to a low paid ,unregulated,60 hr week job with the added bonus of no holiday pay and reduced time off,the working time directive was something that needed to be remove.
With a government full of top notch salt of the earth types,Rees Mogg,Boris Johnston,David Davis ,Michael Gove the country's on the right course. We have been promised a new trading partnership with the world to make up for the 44% of trade we do with those pesky Europeans,if only we were 10 miles from uncle Trump how happy we would be.We will trade with India rather than Belgium even though currently we trade more to Belgium than we do to India,but im sure India will drop all those other country's whom it been trading with and buying all their call center gear from us.....Happy days are just around the corner.
Old 14-01-18, 12:51
Enthusiastic contributor

EU at it again,trying to make our Politicians and Millionaires pay tax!!!
cant have that,lets tell the plebs we need to leave.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8156201.html
Old 14-01-18, 14:20
Enthusiastic contributor

To quote one investment banker in London yesterday "Frankfurt is a shithole, noway am I moving there".
So that's alright then.

Anonymous poster
Old 14-01-18, 15:21
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBold View Post
To quote one investment banker in London yesterday "Frankfurt is a shithole, noway am I moving there".
So that's alright then.

Anonymous poster
It wasn't Trump - was it ?
Old 14-01-18, 18:40
Top contributor

Quote:
It wasn’t Trump - was it ?
If it was, they probably wouldn’t have him anyway!