Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Open Forum

Old 12-01-18, 13:54
Highly valued member

Default Re: The new Breast Cancer Thread for 2018

Just a quick return. Glenda I forgot to ask you in my last post. How is your great granddaughter coming along. If I remember rightly, she must be about 7 months old now.

Pleased your cooker's working to satisfaction ...
Quote:
The test now is how my pastry will turn out when I make my next meat and potato pie.
Do we all get to sample a piece when you've made it.

MIKE
Old 13-01-18, 08:58
Top contributor

Good morning friends.

Mike, my Great Grand daughter is beautiful, and coming on a treat, being weaned onto solid food, attempting to crawl. The trouble starts then, she'll be into anything she can get her tiny hands on

If it could be possible I'd make a huge pie and invite all my fiends to a pie and pea supper.

Joe,
a 0 - 0 draw at Bramhall Lane.
My lad said it wasn't such a good match. I listened to it on the radio but the commentators always make it sound exciting when you can't actually see the action.

No clicker !!!

egg

I see we have a new site to click.
Old 13-01-18, 09:26
Enthusiastic contributor

Morning all,

Back to a dull and gloomy day here.
Quote:
Joe,
a 0 - 0 draw at Bramhall Lane.
Fairly predictable in a local derby Glenda. But the two extra points taken from a lower down the league team would have done the Blades a power of good, bragging rights included. Still there's a lot of points still to play for so bring 'em on.

It'd be nice to see a 'pic (not too big ) of your next meat and potatoe pie then we could all have a drool!

Clicked.

Old 13-01-18, 19:17
Highly valued member

Evening Friends.

A late one from me today, not been feeling so good, but still putting the best foot forward as the saying goes.

Glenda Thanksí for bring us up-to-date with events of the past. Itís certainly nice to remember people, and the good times exchanging posts.

I donít indulge in communicating as much as I did when first starting in 2007, but they canít take your memories away can they.

I certainly hope to continue in trying to help this Breast Cancer Site by giving a daily click, knowing that it will help, in not just giving Mammograms to people, but hopefully, will eventually be helping to give support to the medical profession who are continually researching for a cure for this terrible illness.

Joe Howís it going pal? I see you are a football fan like Glenda. I could never get used to football, I could never get it right when I used to try and forecast 8 draws on the Littlewoods Coupon.

A lot of my misspent youth was indulging in the game of snooker in which I did manage to win a small trophy at the local snooker hall near to where we now live. Incidentally, Iíll be watching it tomorrow ... have a look HERE

George If you are looking in, hope all is well and you not losing to many of your posts. Donít forget, if you have to leave what you are posting for any length of time, try writing it first of all in a word document, then if you find your post has disappeared, itís easy to copy and paste it from there.

Thatís it for today folks, just click on my signature for the usual.

MIKE

PS. Glenda, donít know if youíve ever fancied Hyper-linking your icon name to the BCS. You can of course choose any colors (itís spelt that way) you want. Like the one below.

EGG
Old 13-01-18, 21:06
Passionate member

Good EVENING FRIENDS,

Joe: Snap!! Same here!

Well, you got a taciturn invite for us all to a pie and pea supper!! Well done!
Quote:
egg:If it could be possible I'd make a huge pie and invite all my fiends to a pie and pea supper.
Where there's a will there's a way!!

Mike: I'm here! Yes! I've been losing them again and you have advised me before of the answer but I like to keep the posts on screen then I can toggle up and down to various posts I want to refer to for my current post. I do sometimes 'save' now and again then of course when I'm feeling bullish that is the time I lose it!!!

Hey! Feel better tomorrow. Maybe enjoy the Sunday roast and a tipple and a little nap afterwards.
You're an early riser so I guess that means early to bed as Benjamin Franklin
put it, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise".

Are we about to learn your secret of the coloured letters??!

Colors?? Have I drifted off somewhere?

egg:
Quote:
Thou art as wise as thou art beautiful.
OK if you didn't like the well meaning quote from "Midsummer Nights Dream" then how about ""For never anything can be amiss, When simpleness and duty tender it" from "Romeo and Juliet" then?

Quote:
Tweety doesn't know what she's supposed to be SURE about apart from sure as eggs is eggs.
Good guess but not what I'm telling you. Tweety said, 'not Hot Linked', I was asking how could she be SURE. Do you know how to check if it is or not??

I'm pleased you liked the addendum, I thought it was pretty cool

Take Care !!!

Clicked TB

A question I came across on the net:
A portal to another world opens in front of you. You don't know how long it will stay open or if you'll be able to get back after you go through. What do you do?

I know what I'd do!!
Old 14-01-18, 10:31
Top contributor

Good morning friends,

Mike,
like you, I don't communicate with my online friends half as much as I used to and I'm also ashamed to say that Ive lost contact with one or two because I haven't emailed them for so long. Having said that "it works both ways" and I've never ignored an email from anyone.
Joe,
re. my meat and potato pie,
I will have to liaise with my eldest son. Now that I'm on my own it's not practical to do one just for me. (pack sizes of stewing beef) and home made pastry IMHO isn't the same after it's been in the freezer, so that rules out making more than one and freezing the extra.
If I contact my lad to find out what day they would prefer a pie I make a bigger one for them and a smaller one for me. Now that my eldest Grand daughter has her own home with her partner they too have joined the queue for Grandma''s pie.
If it continues I'l be buying half a cow !! I'll take a photo of my next one.
TB,
One suggestion for your posting problem.
I use Opera Browser and I can have numerous "tabs" open at the same time. If, like you, I want to keep referring to a previous post I open TWO tabs for WU. One for replying and the other for reference to what's been written, and I keep switching between the two, and of course I Keep the "remember me" box ticked at all times.
Just a thought.

Colors, well that's the American way of spelling it isn't it. If you write it in "proper" English Colours it flags it up as a spelling mistake.

Stand in the corner and write 100 lines..
I MUST study Shakespeare more.

Quote:
""For never anything can be amiss, When simpleness and duty tender it" from "Romeo and Juliet" then?
I think you'll find your quote was from Midsummer Nights Dream

Quote:
O, teach me how I should forget to think!
Now to the little yellow bird being SURE or not......... "checking if it's hotlinked or not"
TBH I'm thoroughly sick of the whole subject and implications/insinuations and any other "ations" you wish to prefix. My name and this Breast Cancer thread which I'm involved with has been mentioned on other threads regarding hotlinking
If I don't post any images I can't be accused, or worry about, whether it's hotlinked or not.

In reply to your final hypothetical question.
I'd keep one foot in the here and now, and put the other foot through the portal, have a quick peek to see what was there, then either take a step forward or a step back.

Clicked,
Take care,

egg
Old 14-01-18, 10:58
Highly valued member

Morning friends on another dark and misty SUNDAY morning.

Feeling a little better this morning, so hope to be back walking a little further soon.

George If you want know how to post the code for coloured letters, click onto ďquoteĒ which is at the bottom of the post you want to look at, then copy and paste the item into a Word Document; or a similar note pad, so you can transfer it in the usual way into your next post, after of course making the necessary changes for the name you want. And not forgetting of course to hyperlink it to the Breast Cancer Site.

If you click onto your coloured name George, it will take you the BCS. I donít think it will cause any unnecessary usage of the webuser database.

GEORGE

Have to remember to fit new batteries into the smoke alarms, the confounded things have been bleeping during the night. One of these days, Iíll get round to working them from the mains supply.

Joe and Glenda Hope youíve had a restful night, and havenít got this horrible misty weather which has only just started to lift round our way.

Right friends, Clicks all done.

MIKE

PS Glenda, we were posting at the same time. I agree also with your quote i.e.
Quote:
I use Opera Browser and I can have numerous "tabs" open at the same time. If, like you, I want to keep referring to a previous post I open TWO tabs for WU. One for replying and the other for reference to what's been written, and I keep switching between the two, and of course I Keep the "remember me" box ticked at all times. Just a thought.
Old 14-01-18, 17:01
Enthusiastic contributor

Evening friends,

Glenda take your point about freezing and the beef pack problem. It's a pity you can't do what Desperate Dan did. Make a cow pie as a one off and then you could invite the whole of your offspring round for a treat.

George if we get a photo of this pie it'll be the nearest thing we'll get to having a taste.

Glad you're feeling a bit better Mike. I hope you feel up to watching the snooker Masters this week.

Clicked.

Old 14-01-18, 19:28
Passionate member

This is too stupid for words.

I just lost my second post of the day which was an apology for losing the first one which took me all afternoon to construct at about four hours. I spent an hour trying to recover it. Something's changed here I can't even get the drop down history.

I'm sorry, I'm really sick now.

Hope all of you are well
and had a good weekend.

Take Care !!!
Clicked TB
Old 15-01-18, 10:09
Highly valued member

Good morning friends on this wet and windy MONDAY morning.

George Donít worry, all these things are sent to try us.

Joe Yes, enjoying the snooker. It was a good first match with Mark Selby losing to Mark Williams in the first round. HERE

Glenda Hope allís well in your half of Derbyshire. Our weatherís been much the same recently, with snow forecast for Wednesday.

Off for a INR check later, so a quick click for the usual.

MIKE