Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Open Forum

Old 18-07-18, 15:18
Passionate member

Default Re: The new Breast Cancer Thread for 2018

Good Afternoon FRIENDS,

NEWS FLASH: I spent most of last evening kicking the router all round the room then when I wanted to use the telephone (landline) that was as dead as the router. So I added the telephone to the game.
Foaming at the mouth I rang BT again and said that I understand that all appliances have a life span but there was nothing wrong with the landline so why have you disconnected that.
This time I was connected to a lady and had to tell the saga over again. She was a bit more sympathetic saying that I would not have to wait a week but would get a router to me within 3 days. The telephone she had to work on. No one could explain to me why should I be having this hassle.
NEWS UPDATE: I had to go to the village this morning. Contractors were digging up most of the High Street. Yesterday a heavy lorry had ploughed down the BT green connecting boxes.
Later at home I tried the connections and eureka all working.

Take Care !!!

Clicked TB
Old 19-07-18, 05:49
Highly valued member

Good morning friends on this THURSDAY morning.
Quote:
Yesterday a heavy lorry had ploughed down the BT green connecting boxes
George That seems to have been the problem for your loss of the Internet, it would also have cut-off your telephone land line.

Anyway, pleased you have got yourself a new Router, although I suspect your old one would still work when the repair was made by BT.

Glenda It wasnít too bad in town yesterday, we had a lot of clouds preventing the sun getting through, but it was still hot.

Clicks all completed for today.

MIKE
Old 19-07-18, 17:34
Top contributor

Good evening friends,

TB,
did you enjoy kicking your equipment about the house ???? It's guaranteed to get rid of all your pent up aggression
This does it for me

Mike,
Yet another hot one here today.

Click the summer rose please.

Clicked.
Take care.
egg
Old 19-07-18, 22:40
Passionate member

Good Evening FRIENDS,

Not so hot here today but hot enough yet overcast.

OUCH!! Wot did you do that for egg? You know it gives me a headache! (it really does just thinking about it)!
ANYWAY, I didn't really kick things about it was only ersatz.
I have to dissipate my frustration somehow so it's easier to depart into the continuum.

egg: Back to normality for a little while! I wonder if they will still send me a new up-market router (SMART HUB super fast).

Well done! congratulations you got the correct answer to my little riddle, 4 hours and 5 minutes. See, what cerebral aerobics can do for you, clever isn't it?! Haven't you got Mike's answer yet?! You wont get the next one!!

Mike: I didn't fall asleep on the computer then! I keep my router and recorder inside a cupboard so no easy access!

Turning the tables on me aye? I can only find them I can't answer them (until I look!!).

Some time back you gave us a form of calendar for finding dates and times between dates etc. That was a good one which I have on my home page, thanks for that.

Hi! to our absent FRIENDS, we hope you are well and not too sun burnt. We miss you.

Take Care !!!

Clicked TB
May love increase, may cares all cease and all the world rejoice in peace.

Answer to last puzzle was 4 hours and 5 minutes.

A snail is at the bottom of a 30 foot well. Every hour the snail is able to climb up 3 feet, then immediately slide back down 2 feet. How many hours does it take for the snail to get out of the well?
Old 20-07-18, 14:28
Top contributor

Good afternoon friends,

Mike,
Quote:
Amoebas reproduce by splitting in two; an Amoeba which does so every minute is placed in a jar at 10 oíclock in the morning. At 12 oíclock noon the jar is full. At what time is the jar half full?
I reckon the time would be 11.59 because at 11.59 the half full jar would double in size making it full at 12 o clock.

TB,
Quote:
Haven't you got Mike's answer yet?!
See above.

Quote:
A snail is at the bottom of a 30 foot well. Every hour the snail is able to climb up 3 feet, then immediately slide back down 2 feet. How many hours does it take for the snail to get out of the well?
28 hours
If you disregard the snail slipping, when exploiting slipping phenomena, one has to consider the friction conditions between a snail and the well more systematically. However, the dissipation due to slipping is up to two orders of magnitude greater than that due to rolling, therefore, the gripper attached to the manipulator has an integrated force control and anti-slipping sensor.
Also you have to take into account the viscosity of the snails slime, a fluid with large viscosity resists motion because its molecular makeup gives it a lot of internal friction. A fluid with low viscosity flows easily because its molecular makeup results in very little friction when it is in motion.
Or, simply put............
The snail moves at one foot per hour, but when it reaches 28 feet the next 3 feet would take it out of the well so - 28 feet
Talking of snails,
I was once given a free sample of this.....
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...-mask-60020605
It didn't work !!!!

Click the shelled gastropod please.

Clicked.
Take care.
egg
Old 20-07-18, 18:34
Enthusiastic contributor

Good evening all

Haven't been doing too well recently. I won't comment further, but I should be back now and around a lot more.

Clicks done.

Bye for now.
Old 20-07-18, 19:37
Highly valued member

Hope you donít mind Glenda Iíve copied your Gastrpod, I thought it was a funny one, heís also hyperlinked to the Breast Cancer Site.

Matt Itís always nice to see your post Matt. We know you will post when you can, and trust you are getting better from a health point of view.

Glenda Where do I start!! Firstly, you are correct with all the answers to the problems, both from myself, and also the ones that George posted.

I was going to post earlier when I replied to Rogerís colour blindness check, but someone called and I was kept occupied until now.

George All noted regarding the puzzles. Must admit, I also have to look some of them up to make sure Iíve calculated them correctly.

Pleased to see you have got your Internet back in working order, itís difficult, for me anyway, to keep up with all the changes taking place these days.

Right folks, clicks all done via Glendaís Mollusk.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, It rained today for about an hour.

MIKE
Old 21-07-18, 10:31
Highly valued member

Morning friends.

A short visit today. Click on SATURDAY for the usual please.

MIKE
Old 21-07-18, 13:10
Enthusiastic contributor

Good afternoon all

Thank you for being understanding Mike.

Clicks done for the day.

Bye for now.
Old 21-07-18, 20:39
Top contributor

Hiya all my friends,
not like me but I'm Soooooooooooooo late tonight I'm just in for the clicks.
Take care,
egg