Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-14, 18:13
Top contributor

Default Chrome history security "Corruption" Glitch from visiting Internet cafe

Try this for yourself
I don't think this is resolvable at a User level nor the HJT Reader Forums

In my case I opened the History files on Chrome's "3 bar " menu and at the very top of the list it has My Computer "Name" ID Which IDs the PC on the Network Goes Like "ABC_DE12" this is synced to my other desktop and if that is online that should also be displayed along side as a different ID

That's the theory but what I am "seeing" is another Chrome Users ID
whose Chrome web browsing history is being projected partially into my Web history (and vice versa?)
The cause... I suspect is I went on a Free internet cafe PC and then we logged out but the session? Cookie remained for the rest of the Time since So now I'm able see what's being searched by this Network Cannot Click into the Email (opens my inbox up) but all else is Open to View got a Game page called www.friv.com (which is good)

All I can Think of doing is marching back there and Asking the person to wipe their Chrome History or at least show him how to Shut down Chrome properly and I guess a run with CCleaner May purge this ?

No Prize for guessing what I shall see on that networks Chrome History Guessing the Settings>Sign In > Advanced Sync settings feature tick box (History) is active Which is the Root of this aggro ?

And on a Public Terminal that is very Poor security

Says also in the section[B] Manage your synced data on Google Dashboard
where under settings it says 95 and this advice note>

Quote:
Synced settings are settings, such as your preferred home page, you have set and configured to be synced in your synced Chrome browsers
Any Other Ideas or am I on the right Track?
Old 08-02-14, 00:06
Top contributor

Default Re: Chrome history security "Corruption" Glitch from visiting Internet cafe

I had a look at History on my Chrome browser and it just shows me and my husband. It could be because you logged on and off using the free public PC, but I don't know what you can do about it. At least wipe your History and have a look at the following article from Chrome Help:

Manage your browsing history
Old 21-07-18, 04:35
Highly valued member

Welcome to the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline
I had a look at History on my Chrome browser and it just shows me and my husband.
Ya I tried it on MyIE2 and IE and it both showed me only history this session.... (Even if I open a local folder and press CTRL-H it only shows me internet history,not local history)
Old 21-07-18, 20:09
Top contributor

Default Re: Chrome history security "Corruption" Glitch from visiting Internet cafe

Quote:
Welcome to the site
What??? Dude, this query was posted over 4 years ago in February 2014!! I think Mike (Bedstor) has probably resolved the problem by now!! I don't use Chrome these days either.
Old 21-07-18, 20:32
Global Moderator

Madeline, Dude saw this because a spammer posted here early this morning which bumped the thread to the top of this section, hence the 'welcome' and response. He may not have noticed the date.

Dude, I notice you removed the thread header. Could you please, as requested many times before, kindly refrain from deleting/removing/changing thread headers. Thanks.

I will also close this thread.
Closed Thread