Go Back   Web User Forums > Hardware > Computer components and accessories

Old 20-07-18, 15:20
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Samsung Xpress M20702 series printer can't get a wireless connection

Printer stopped working on both my W8.1 laptops, even the one of which I don't use, I don't know whether it is because of a windows update. I got this error message when I tried troubleshooting the printer. "Device data Error - Please read the notice about the device data carefully. Setup failed to bring WLAN data from the selected device......................"

Went into Samsung printer forums for this error and it is no longer offering printer support support being handled by HP. Went into the link for HP but printer wasn't listed there.

Went into the site below but didn't find it helped me.

http://www.samsungsetup.com/ts/manua...l/BABBHHBB.htm

Done window\printer updates, taken the cable out of the modem, taken cable out of printer, uninstalled and re-installed printer but still can't get it work. I can't find a solution. Help.
Old 20-07-18, 15:23
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: Samsung Xpress M20702 series printer can't get a wireless connection

First, connect by USB to make sure the printer still works.
Old 20-07-18, 15:36
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: Samsung Xpress M20702 series printer can't get a wireless connection

Does this help?
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product...ment/c05578312
Old 20-07-18, 16:48
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1 View Post
Thanks for your replies mikec1. Printer works ok if USB cable is in. Followed the steps in link and put the IP address in browser and I got the error message that this site cannot be reached. Ran Windows Network Diagnostics and got the message that IP is not responding. Both laptops, music speakers and tablet have access to my network and have internet access. Could there be some sort of technical problem with printer even though it works with a USB cable?
Old 20-07-18, 17:01
Global Moderator

It could be that the wireless NIC in the printer is gone.

However, with the printer switched on, open a Command Prompt Admin) and enter these cmds -

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

shutdown /r /t 00

and then see what is like after the reboot.

Sometimes a power cycle of the router can help even though other devices connect okay.

To do that, switch off the router and all devices and disconnect all cables for a couple of minutes.

Reconnect the cables then switch just the router on and when all lights are back on, switch just the computer and printer on.
Old 20-07-18, 18:56
Enthusiastic contributor

Hello Tom,
thanks for your reply. I put all the commands in, individually. Got a command not found with netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt command. Printer isn't working - I think I will probably end up having to get a new one. :
Old 20-07-18, 21:54
Global Moderator

Copy & paste the cmd from my post should you have inadvertently made a typo.

You can use the more specific cmds of -

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

shutdown /r /t 00

Would it be too much of an inconvenience to use the USB cable all of the time ?
Old 21-07-18, 14:15
Enthusiastic contributor

Hi Tom,
Did cut and paste as you suggested, but unfortunately still getting Printer Status not available. Please check power and cable connection I think I'll stick to keeping the usb cable in the printer for the time being. : Thanks for your help.
Old 21-07-18, 15:56
Global Moderator

It does sound as though the printer's wireless NIC has gone and I assume after following the printer's tutorial, that you will have tried a manual set up from the printer's control panel ?

You haven't said if you tried the router power cycle.
Old 22-07-18, 09:01
Enthusiastic contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrel View Post
It does sound as though the printer's wireless NIC has gone and I assume after following the printer's tutorial, that you will have tried a manual set up from the printer's control panel ?

You haven't said if you tried the router power cycle.
I have followed the Samsung instructions on the printer's control panel. My other devices are working wirelessly. I did take out the router's power cable to see if that would help but it didn't get the printer to work wirelessly.