Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Web User magazine feature suggestions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-18, 20:22
Bedstor's Avatar
Bedstor Bedstor is offline
Top contributor
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the Bus route to Wigan Pier
Posts: 12,822
Question What "word"? would you use to describe this basic UI command/search feature?

I (and many others) over the years have described entering a search term or an instruction in "the Box"/Search box /entry box and many more besides.Yet there is a Correct Technical name for this feature and it has dropped out of use on the Popular forums since DOS and BASIC Commands were hidden
I am going to try using it once more to help out on the Forum where needed

It never was used for the Search engine "Search UI" (UI= User Interface) For Windows, it can be correctly called CLI which is Shorthand for Command Line Interface
The Command Shell and Windows Menu zones are typical prime locations .Is that helpful?
There is also a rare Shorthand term called UX and that relates to User Experience >Page navigation and so on
You're Welcome.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Dennis Publishing 2010, All rights reserved