Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Hints and Tips

Notices

Old 19-03-16, 12:44
Enthusiastic contributor

Talking compare vpn companys with each other

Using a vpn is very important when out and about especially if you’re on public Wi-Fi such as the buses or in McDonalds. This because anyone on the net can easily see what websites you are browsing and can intercept login details. However with lots of vpn to choice from it can difficult. However 1 person known as that one privacy guy has gone to the trouble of creating a massive vpn comparison google spreadsheet which allows you to see stats about a vpn provider such as platform and pricing to you find once that will suit your needs.

The spreadsheet can be viewed at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0

More about the spreadsheet can be viewed at lifehacker http://lifehacker.com/this-massive-v...oos-1764427219

James dyson
Old 19-03-16, 15:17
Highly valued member

Default Re: compare vpn companys with each other

i've often wondered about vpns and the spread sheet is really helpful. in the past iv'e often felt vpns are like a minefield.

how businesses use vpns allowing employees to access the corporate network from over insecure network services such as public hot spots. as a casual user of the net, i'd expect to be reasonably safe, if accessing them without having to resort to having my own vpns.

ideally its about two devices to be able to send communications to each securely other over an unsecure network (ie Internet). which means point to point. but i see some mean a proxy service, which isn't quite the same.

finding out whether a vpn uses a proxy service, repackaging your network traffic to make it look like it is coming from a different device/network, is hard to tell.

but i would think that if a vpn claims of faster internet connectivity and is using proxy services, this would slow your Internet performance like using tor as a browser. if that was happening, you might as well use tor, tails or for some security have puppy slacko on a usb stick when on public nets. but theres always more to learn.