Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Notices

Old 30-10-18, 23:44
Highly valued member

Default Help required with Vivaldi

Whislt trying to get to know my way on what things do in Vivaldi settings, I tampered with the "Appearance" tab and the screen size indicator moving it to decrease. The result was that everyting went miniscule and dispite trying every which way by moving the extremely small indicator, it will not enlarge again. I have tried removing it and reloading a new version but it still stays the same. Any ides how to get it back to how it was please.

fosseway
Old 31-10-18, 09:15
Passionate member

Default Re: Help required with Vivaldi

If it's the User Interface Zoom that you have altered, have you tried resetting it?

Old 31-10-18, 11:44
Highly valued member

Thanks Moonshine, it was so small that I hadn't seen that "Reset".

fosseway
Old 31-10-18, 14:43
Top contributor

Don't ever try making it bigger fosseway. I was messing about once and made it so big I had to resize the page by using double-headed arrows so that I could get to the Reset button! It was very fiddly and I've never tried it since. If I want a page to be bigger or smaller, I go to the Menu Button>View>Page Zoom In or Out; there's Page Zoom Reset there too.

You may know this already fosseway, but you can either have the big Menu button showing or have the Horizontal Main Menu which shows File, Edit, View, Bookmarks, Tools, Window, Help instead. If you want to change from one to the other, go to View and tick/untick Horizontal Main Menu.

I think you said somewhere else a little while ago that you wanted to alter the left panel? You can show or hide it either by going to View and ticking/unticking Show Panel or by pressing F4.
Old 31-10-18, 16:25
Passionate member

fossewayfella

Donít be reluctant to experiment, itís very easy to reset the Interface Zoom back to 100% even if it is set to 400%.
You simply maximise the Settings Box, then scroll down to Reset.

In my example above, I have returned the Setting box back to how it was, but once maximised, there's no reason why you can leave it like that. The position should be remembered.
Old 31-10-18, 20:00
Top contributor

This is something that I hadn't really taken much notice of ~ because it's always there probably. In Settings>Appearance, if you have 'Show Status Bar' checked, you'll see it at the bottom of the browser and at the right hand side of it you should see this:

You can make the page smaller or larger ~ it goes up to 500% ~ but the Status Bar stays the same size so it's easy to click the Reset button. I've tried it out and it works fine. I wish I'd realised this when I was doing my messing around some time ago!
Old 31-10-18, 20:07
Highly valued member

All good info, thanks. The choice of search engine mentioned in your other post if very useful too.

fosseway
Old 31-10-18, 20:23
Top contributor

You're very welcome fosseway. If you go to Settings>Search, you can set your default search engine, add new ones and change their order if you want to. I find it best to have 'Show Search Field in Address Bar' ticked, then you get a separate search box with a drop-down arrow showing a list so that you can choose which search engine to use for any particular search.
Old 31-10-18, 20:58
Top contributor

More about searches. If you have 'Search in Address Field' ticked, it will normally carry out a search using your default search engine. If you want to search using one of the other search engines, you would need to type its 'nickname' followed by a space, then whatever search terms you're using. For example, if you wanted to search for purple boots using Qwant, you'd have to type this:

q purple boots

The nicknames are usually just one letter, the initial letter of the search engine, and are shown in Settings>Search.

You can have both 'Search in Address Field' and 'Show Search Field in Address Bar' ticked, but with the former you would always have to use the nickname+space when carrying out a search with any engine other than the default one.

There are options in Settings>Search about Search Suggestions which you can enable if you want them.