Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Notices

Old 24-10-18, 18:56
Top contributor

Lightbulb Speed dial Page with reliable "Sync" Good for All Chromium & Opera browsers

When the Chrome Browser rolled out its new tab had an 8 box Most visited Icon link toolbar customizable/editable a little
Opera improved on this with their Speed Dial or was it the other way around?
I have this in operation on the Opera/Chrome hybrid Yandex.browser and it also shows the latest new links Trending feed below Fills out the page without clutter

Meanwhile in 2018 Chrome has reverted to a 6 to sometimes an 8 Icon version of the service and The Sync is not working Am seeing Duplicate random URLs (different Dates and there is no Rules filter checker as in Gmail) and looks "lost" on the page !
So I wanted something to take its place and Free
And as luck would have it in the Chrome Webstore there are 2 linked Apps (same developer) which need to be installed together to give the Full UX
The Speed dial element which looks Awesome is called Speed Dial [FVD] with: New Tab Page, 3D, Sync...
Was Version 18 when I posted this

Now the 2nd element regards the Sync Part And to Keep it in order (unlike Chrome) and for this they advise you also install the EverSync App which also "helps out" with other Sync tasks
Quote:
Synchronize your bookmarks, FVD Speed Dials. Secure online access. Backup, restore your bookmarks. Sync favorites between computers
EverHelper.com - Synchronize your Bookmarks(favorites), FVD Speed Dials and Groups. Sync between Firefox and Chrome!

Can't grumble now about those altered unstable links?
BTW The Version number is 17 for this App (June 18) And It is NOT a stand alone Speed dial Product as Somebody Posted in an older WU Thread in early 2018
The developer for both products is http://everhelper.me/

Last edited by Bedstor; 24-10-18 at 19:24.
Old 24-10-18, 22:33
Top contributor

Default Re: Speed dial Page with reliable "Sync" Good for All Chromium & Opera browsers

Interesting. I've had a look at the add-ons, but I'm not sure that I want to do this although I could get the add-ons in both Opera and Vivaldi. It all looks a bit complicated!
Old 25-10-18, 01:51
Top contributor

Default Re: Speed dial Page with reliable "Sync" Good for All Chromium & Opera browsers

A Candidate for a WU workshop project article Perhaps? Not a straightforward
Set up for novices And I certainly do not want to edit the Items As present, all I do is Direct certain bookmarks towards the matching Grouped Custom folder . If I can get those folders showing on the front end then thats a big win
Have well over 1000 listed .
Hoping the Sync App does not generate Duplicates is a Pain to remove > still have a few dating from Windows 7 in the Collection due to importing some for some reason and the sync went too far
Would be nice to see if they have included an auto Duplicate bookmark detect and Killer routine on the Sync app side?
Old 25-10-18, 18:27
Top contributor

Quote:
A Candidate for a WU workshop project article Perhaps?
Good idea Mike. You could suggest it in the "Web User magazine feature suggestions" part of the forum!
Old 26-10-18, 17:44
Top contributor

It's not going to be easy. Have installed both items and I like the Multi Dial group option, sounds like the Google Plus Circle contacts Cache idea .Agree with Madeline , the Setup menus are Confusing/complex looking on a loaded Kodi box scale But once we are over that hurdle the Pages will be(Hopefully) easier to work with.
PS My latest find on the Sub Apps Is this Themes Page For Background themes for this Program
http://coolchromethemes.com/
Old 29-10-18, 18:08
Top contributor

Arrow Re: Speed dial Page with reliable "Sync" Good for All Chromium & Opera browsers

While I haven't Launched the Sync App. It now is showing 250+ links in the All time Section Like a massive auto bookmark page or should it be 1 giant bookmark folder? Can block (deny) individual Links on the Right Click edit menu
Looking at it I think I will pass on importing my Chrome bookmarks into this app which will gather up many of those connected links when they are viewed

While in the All time section it displays the View/visits stats for the Individual URL (and this was"Taken" from the site cookies no doubt Not My visits) and also it auto groups the URL The Web User Forum stats (despite Me visiting often) read
3070 Visits in Group 427
And...
Google Search?= 5455 in Group # 1733
There is no logic to this grouping allocation method cannot see any reference to it on the FAQ No alphabetical or Historical order
Going to the beginning of the List AOL is Group 1 but AOL Mail is Group 3,
Another bookmark added the other day also is classed "Group 1" 5 visits & the URL starts with a "W"> also listed in Group 54
Old 29-10-18, 18:34
Top contributor

From what you say Mike, I don't think that this is something I'd get on very well with!