Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > Web Browser Software

Notices

Old 22-10-18, 23:54
Top contributor

Default Google Chrome Picture-in-Picture support is now live for desktop users

This article is from ZDNet:

Google Chrome Picture-in-Picture support is now live for desktop users | ZDNet
Quote:
Picture-in-Picture mode is now live in Chrome 70, after engineers missed initial Chrome 69 deadline.

After months of development, Google has finally enabled support for Picture-in-Picture (PiP) inside the Chrome browser.

The new PiP mode will allow websites to show a floating video popup outside the browser window itself and let users work inside other apps while still being able to keep an eye on a video opened in their browser.
Old 23-10-18, 02:02
Top contributor

Default Re: Google Chrome Picture-in-Picture support is now live for desktop users

Here is the App in the Chrome Webstore I shall pass on this,but the feedback is mostly positive
One Poster said it worked on Version 69 of Chrome .Though It has auto updated to version 70 for the majority of Chrome users

Just thought on . By running this surely it bypasses the Mute/pause noisy Tab feature?
Old 23-10-18, 19:45
Top contributor

Default Re: Google Chrome Picture-in-Picture support is now live for desktop users

As I don't use Chrome, I don't know whether it would bypass that feature Mike. P-i-P is already available as a built-in feature of the Snapshot version of Vivaldi, so it will soon be included in the stable version. Opera has its Video Poput which is similar and is mentioned in the following articles:

Enable Chrome's new Picture-in-Picture mode - gHacks Tech News
Quote:
Opera Software implemented a custom picture-in-picture mode solution in the Opera browser. No word yet from Microsoft or Mozilla in regards to API support.
Chrome Picture in Picture Mode vs Opera Video Pop Out

I think these articles assumed that Picture-in-Picture would be available in Chrome 69 rather than having to wait until Chrome 70 was released.
Old 24-10-18, 22:38
Top contributor

I said this above
Quote:
P-i-P is already available as a built-in feature of the Snapshot version of Vivaldi, so it will soon be included in the stable version.
Today in the Changelog for RC2 for Vivaldi 2.1, it says this
Quote:
Disable Picture-in-picture for 2.1 Final: It will be re-enabled in a future update
Hopefully it'll be back before too long!
Old 25-10-18, 19:02
Top contributor

Yandex Browser has updated to Version 18.9.1.954 and it too has updated its Video Tab playing instead of going PIP. It has gone for what looks like a "play in Background" option exposed noisy tab which looks tidy
What it says off translated page
Quote:
Video is always in sight
In Yandex.Browser can simultaneously watch movies and do other things for example, read biographies of the actors, or to check the mail. The browser opens the video in a separate window and leaves on top of other Windows.

further information:
Quote:
Auto mode works if you have included video or it plays with sound. Not working if video is involved automatically or reproduced in incognito mode.
Quote:
Manual mode
If you refuse the automatic mode, you'll still be able to run video on top of all browser Windows when you want. To do this, click on the button

Proves they took a hard look at Chrome's PIP idea and put their own twist on the Feature with sensible controls 👍🏽
NOTE It is not an App OK? I expect to find it Listed on the Browsers Settings Add on optional features menu which is similar to Android (Not got much in the way of dross BTW)