Go Back   Web User Forums > Software > General PC-related

Old 12-10-17, 15:45
Established member

Default EaseUs Backups show new Notification Pane in File Explorer

Good Afternoon All

Have just finished my routine fortnightly "Housekeeping" where I store a Disc and Partition Image on a Seagate External HD.

This time, unusually, when I open the Seagate just to check the backup it is showing in File Explorer as normal but the screen is divided with what is like a Notification Pane down the right hand side as shown.

I have not knowingly made any changes but had just put in the latest Windows Update KB 4041676 yesterday.

Can anyone please explain this and perhaps tell me how to get rid of it this pane (pain !!)?

Regards

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-10-12 15_28_09-Greenshot.jpg (10.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-10-17, 16:01
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: EaseUs Backups show new Notification Pane in File Explorer

What happens if you press the Alt + Shift + P keys (shows/hides Details pane) or the Alt + P keys (shows/hides Preview pane)?
Old 12-10-17, 18:17
Established member

Lizzy - Thank you for the reply.

When Seagate HD is connected:-

Alt+Shift+P = "Availability: Available Offline " comes on screen

Alt + P = "Select a File to preview" comes on screen

Neither of these messages are inside the new right hand pane.

Without Seagate connected :-

Alt + Shift + P = brings up a pane on right hand side with "USER-PC" and "WORKGROUP" in it.

Alt + P = brings up pane on right side saying "select a file to preview"

Hope this helps.

Regards

Roy
Old 12-10-17, 18:37
Enthusiastic contributor

That Explorer window isn't displaying/showing all that it could do.
Has the Seagate drive got its own 'Explorer' within it - or does EaseUs have it's own 'Explorer' window when viewing Backup files?

If you press the Ctrl + F1 keys - does the File Explorers Ribbon appear?

What version of Windows are you viewing Explorer/EaseUs Backups in?

Old 12-10-17, 19:44
Established member

Has the Seagate drive got its own 'Explorer' within it - or does EaseUs have it's own 'Explorer' window when viewing Backup files?
Sorry, Lizzy, I don't know. The picture I am showing you just comes up when I have opened the Seagate in 'This PC' and then selected a dated backup. I am not intending to restore it, just checking to make sure it has registered in the HD.

If you press the Ctrl + F1 keys - does the File Explorers Ribbon appear?
Nothing happens.

OS is Windows 10 Home 1703 15063.674

Icon is EaseUs logo.

Sorry, don't think I am being very helpful here.

Regards

Roy
Old 12-10-17, 20:06
Enthusiastic contributor

Double-clicking an Easeus Backup file 'mounts' the file making its contents visible within Windows File Explorer.
I suspect that is what you are seeing and even has the Easeus logo in the title bar.
Closing down the PC should automatically un-mount the file/backup.

If you go to This PC, if you were to r/click the Seagate drive/Backup, is there an option to manually un-mount the drive/Backup?

With Macrium Reflect, when an Image is mounted, going to This PC and r/clicking the Backup gives these options:

I'm not familiar with Easeus, but decent programs that allow a user to create an image can d/click the image (mount it in Explorer - it's given a drive letter) to allow the contents to be seen in Explorer/File Explorer and the contents can be looked at/copied etc.
Un-mounting can be done by r/clicking the image in Explorer or by shutting down the PC.
Old 12-10-17, 21:19
Established member

Lizzie

If you go to This PC, if you were to r/click the Seagate drive/Backup, is there an option to manually un-mount the drive/Backup?

No, there are no such options - just a normal R Context Menu.

Sorry, don't really understand the 'mounting files' terminology.

I have used EaseUs for a few years now and always done the same thing when setting up backups/images. This problem with the 'extra' pane has never happened before. I can still look at the files included in the backup, but just wondered why it has suddenly changed.

Roy
Old 12-10-17, 22:28
Enthusiastic contributor

Sometimes being on the same page means going out and buying the book and having a look!
In this case – I downloaded EaseUs Free (10.6) and created an Image Backup of a laptop Drive.

On locating the Backup (System Backup), I d/clicked the ‘System Backup_’date’_’full’ entry and it opened a ‘System Backup’ window as shown below and being similar to your image (view is different).

It is an Explorer window, but not the 'normal' one. The usual Explorer options are not available.
Closing the window does exactly that.

I have explored the Mounting options which isn’t actually relevant to this query, apologies for misleading you, so I won’t go into it.
I don’t believe there is anything wrong with what you/I are seeing. To me, this is what it is supposed to show.
If you were to click one of the drives shown in your image, you will see folders/files which when clicked, ‘activate’ the pane you are seeing on the right with options to recover the folder/files.
Old 13-10-17, 12:35
Highly valued member

Hi Roy,

You may have noticed that I have now updated my sticky tutorial for Macrium Reflect Free backup and restore.

When time permits, I also intend to update my EaseUS Todo Free tutorial now that Photobucket has replaced my screenshots with the PB ransom note.
In any case, it is now out-of-date.

Like Macrium, the EaseUS tutorial will be targeted towards newbies and inexperienced users who just initially want to make simple Image backups without delving into the more complex features.

Spit
Old 13-10-17, 15:17
Established member

Lizzie - many thanks for going to such trouble to help me. It is much appreciated.
Good to know that you think all is well and that this change in appearance does not indicate any fault or malfunction.
As I said earlier, I was surprised to see this pane appear when previously it had never been there. Also, without the pane there was never any way shown to simply restore an item with just one click.
I am now wondering whether this has been a change included in the EaseUs update recently from 10.5 to 10.6.
I will have a look round the EaseUs website to see if anything is said there but not sure where to look - their forum was closed down a while ago so there may not be any help there.
Thanks once again - will let you know if anything does become clear.

Spit - Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to your updated EaseUs tutorial which I shall bookmark and print off for reference.
Just for information - the EaseUs emergency disc made for v.10.5 also opens up v.10.6
Did try Macrium a while ago, but there were so many updates coming through that I couldn't (? wouldn't !) keep up so I abandoned it. Long live EaseUs !!

Regards to you both

Roy