Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Open Forum

Old 16-11-17, 10:49
Global Moderator

Default Re: And now for the Good News .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart40 View Post
I see. One can make such comments as above, but not a simple harmless tongue-in-cheek remark in reply.
I removed your post because you were taking it to a personal level and not as a further constructive comment on the topic.

This would no doubt have resulted in a ping pong match which would have seen the thread closed.
Old 16-11-17, 11:33
Top contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrel View Post
I removed your post because you were taking it to a personal level and not as a further constructive comment on the topic.

This would no doubt have resulted in a ping pong match which would have seen the thread closed.
You must have considered them to be hypersensitive or so thin-skinned. I really didn't realise a tongue-in-cheek 'wrought up' was being so 'personal'.

But never mind, you won't have to remove any more posts.
As a consequence, I shall be removing myself from the Webuser Forums - you could say a sort of Wu-exit.
Old 16-11-17, 11:43
Global Moderator

It's how others respond to your posts which may or not have been your intention.

It's your choice whether you want to continue with the forum or not.
Old 16-11-17, 14:07
Established member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Money Tree is right, funding white elephants which have cost millions some which nobody wants, so no body manages and just built left abandoned to fall into ruin.

Major highways through Europe which go to nowhere, New airports with no traffic sit abandoned. Promises to East Europeans that the EU tax payers will build them a new highway network/infrastructure, so what do the East European government do they sit on their hand (or rather cash) and just let the roads fall into complete disrepair waiting for the Western Europe Tax Payers to stump up and when their own citizens complain about lack of maintenance their government just points to the west for not coming good on their obligations as the EU member states. But who repairs our roads and who picks up our bill.

It's a bit like my wife and Birthdays, when it's her birthday I take her out and pay for a meal, when it's my birthday I take her out and pay for a meal. how does that work out I often wonder

And that's forgetting completely about all the inherent waste, corruption cream scooping, and over the top self paid expenses that goes on within the actual EU itself. The EU operates like a political mafia and now people are waking up to it and Junker and crew are scrapping the barrel , or at least they are for billions they are use to being able to squander. So no wonder they are hacked off about Brexit they could have continued to plunder the UK for the next 20 years or more before declaring the UK just another failed satellite economy and really turning the screws same as they have with Greece.
Spot on! And you beat me to it - my sentiments exactly.

And it does make me smile when I hear those folk bleating on about '.... but we had this or that built by European money or our research is funded by Europe .......' Where do they think that money came from? As nett payers-in, us of course! It's just some of our money coming back but, crucially, with no say in how or on what it is spent. Bonkers!

For those who point to our trade with Europe (huge advantage to them) the reason they became our largest trade partners is because we have been straight-jacketed into a system where trade with non-EU nations has been heavily tariffed, if not banned altogether. Once those barriers are lifted, we can strike whatever deals we want.

And if the Eurocrats do play hardball and no deal is forthcoming, so what? Mercs and BM's and VW's become unaffordable? It won't bother the vast majority of drivers and there are plenty of luxury non-EU brands of car to choose from. Ditto just about everything else, come to think of it.
Old 16-11-17, 22:57
Highly valued member

Yet more good news folks.

I'm only going to post good news on this thread.

So be-gone doom-merchants and those who continually talk down our United Kingdom. To them (the ones whose glasses are always half-empty; the ones who look up at a blue sky frantically looking for a black cloud; the ones who see good news as being bad news; the doleful ones you would cross the street to avoid ... I say be-gone.

Mark Carney's pre-Brexit scare warnings have not materialised, The ubiquitous negative talking heads that were/are trotted out 24/7 on the media have also got it wrong because we still seem to be doing OK.

As an example, lets have a look at the European unemployment rates .....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-eu-countries/

Yep - things don't look too bad for the UK.

Germany is now the ruler of Europe in peace ... something it didn't achieve in two horrific world wars ... it's also doing OK.
Alas, the other main EU member countries Greece, Spain, Italy, France & Portugal aren't doing so well with such high unemployment, especially amongst young people.

It's not going to be an easy ride, but I think that our kids will one day thank the folk who voted to leave this corrupt, profligate club led by plonkers like this .....

Spit
Old 17-11-17, 08:24
Enthusiastic contributor

It doesn't seem to want to post youtube videos? Anyway dig in some good news we will be 300 per household better off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idxCGj7vrbI