Go Back   Web User Forums > Security > Security news and updates

Old 13-06-18, 22:33
Passionate member

Default Re: Microsoft Updates ~ June

And what if there is 5 million users around the world who have the same issue but darenít create a MS Account and report the problem - how can MS help if they donít know about it?
The first port of call would be the Feedback Hub. You wonít get a one to one and there is no email address asked for to contact individuals of reported Ďproblemsí. But if enough users report the issue, MS just might address the problem in future updates.
If you donít ask you donít get. Sometimes you ask and still donít get but doing nothing gets you nothing for sure.

You donít need to be logged into a MS Account in Windows 10 to use the Feedback Hub.
You can either go here: MS Sign In and create an account, or use the option in the Feedback Hub to create one then follow the prompts within the Feedback Hub.
You donít need to give your Ďrealí details unless of course you daft enough to do so.
This does not alter the status of a Local Account (Offline Account as MS call it during setup).
When you have reported the problem(s), you just sign out of the Hub and that's that.

If you are reluctant to create an account because you donít want MS to try and help which may involve collecting any information about your Device, Operating System and installed Apps - well, to me thatís like having a shiny new Mercedes Benz that has developed a problem.
You phone up the local Merc dealer and when they ask for the registration number and your personal details as well as the problem details with the security code to access the on-board computer system(s) for diagnostic purposes, you refuse to give anything to them because you donít want them to have it which in turn makes it impossible for them to actually help at all.

Should you ever decide to report your problem, look at this short video I created earlier to show you what to do.
You donít need to change the Local Account to a MS Account to use the Feedback Hub.
If you donít actually want MS to see your Ďproblemí, then donít waste your time looking at the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izvWlXk5DH0
Old 14-06-18, 08:27
Global Moderator

It isn't sufficient a problem for me to worry about.

One that does though is that the Google Search Settings Save button has gone missing in IE 11.

It came back for a short while then vanished again.

It isn't a problem on my Win 10 machines as they are now permanently set to open a new window on a search, but my Win 7 machine isn't set that way and while I can check the box for it, I cannot save it.

I haven't been able to find a way to contact Google except through their forum, but don't want to go that route.

It's very rare that I use my Win 7 so for now that doesn't create to great a problem, but would like to see it resolved nonetheless.
Old 14-06-18, 08:51
Passionate member

In my experience, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Palemoon and Edge Browsers all show the Google Search Settings Save tab.
Internet Explorer does not.
Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Palemoon and Edge all show YouTube videos in a forum.
Internet Explorer does not.

There is an obvious pattern here.
If you refuse to move on and get a default modern Browser that actually works for you, then you are missing out on Ė well, you wonít really know because it just might be missing.
As you are someone who chooses to try and help others in a forum, you are often not on the 'same page' as the user asking the question and I can't help but think how much you are not 'seeing' because of that useless Browser you use.
It's your choice of course what Browser you use, but one that is blatantly broken in several areas is not one Iíd choose to use.
Old 14-06-18, 09:05
Global Moderator

It's only a recent thing with IE and is my preferred browser, regardless of what others say about it.