Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Hints and Tips

Old 08-12-17, 03:39
Top contributor

Lightbulb Old but still Key article about keeping Gmail quiet and efficient

This tutorial article is all about organising the Filters On Gmail 4 Smart Gmail Filters That Help You Deal with Too Much Email
It does not say much about Spam and unsolicited Mail Though I get perhaps a handful per month at most

Also missing is the POP3 and IMAP features in settings (Recommend both items are selected) which help move to into /out and through (to /from other Email Clients which have their own server Spam detector) Thus making it a Team effort In fact Yahoo Mail and AOL mail used to be Particularly Heavy on Spam (50+ a day) Before they converted to Smart Mail
Nowadays they are both zero to single Figures (weekly) on Spam and the odd item posted to the inbox as "legit" . I point/forward it towards the Spam folder and it never shows again.Trapping rate is 100 % And of course the Wholesale Malicious Mail Trapping (In Transit) Rate on the Webserver is also very high

I also used have a 3rd Party email client App working in Yahoomail /AOL which also helped route to custom folders >I have about a year's archived notifications 1 K plus items , from a long closed forum and it's barely made a dint on the Now 1TB Yahoo mail capacity. Also have Pinterest and Facebook pointing that way .I started with just 15 MB on Yahoomail (end of the 1990's) and that was flooded with Spam in no time
After Gmail. This is the best Smartmail Client to work with
I had the same App running @ AOL Mail Took me a few hours in Both cases to set up the Routing (fine tune) But the install setup wizard was no bother
I'm sure there are Similar Help app's still in circulation?
Old 10-12-17, 19:54
Top contributor

Default Re: Old but still Key article about keeping Gmail quiet and efficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedstor View Post
I also used have a 3rd Party email client App working in Yahoomail /AOL which also helped route to custom folders >I have about a year's archived notifications 1 K plus items , from a long closed forum and it's barely made a dint on the Now 1TB Yahoo mail capacity.
I'm sure there are Similar Help app's still in circulation?
I still Have Other Inbox from https://getorganizer.com/ which adds Custom Folders to the mailbox and has its own Cloud Router. Is good for all Email clients with Smartmail, am using this between AOLMail and Gmail (IMAP must be enabled)
Quote:
Organizer works across all major email providers, and supports most IMAP enabled mailboxes like Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft, Comcast, Cox, and AOL.
More like this are featured on this Page (from same Developers) https://www.otherinbox.com/