Go Back   Web User Forums > Welcome > Hints and Tips

Old 07-11-17, 17:56
Top contributor

Default You Tube Video Link gone /removed ? Possible ways of recovering it

I'm playing Catchup on some TV Programmes On YouTube Channels just beyond the 28 days Expiry date Set by BBCIplayer ITV Player and so on
And I and others are seeing plenty of takedowns, because of "Copyright reasons" mostly on 3rd party YT Channels
But here is my method/route of seeing the same on a different YT channel or elsewhere which has not been flagged by the server
First (if you can?) Copy the Programme's Title if it's a Series season /episode Numbers of the Tab which is in a similar Format to S19E34 might have a date too. but you can disregard that element
Next stage unless you have set it as your Right Click Search for Link Take the aforementioned S19E34 to Duckduckgo Page and see what shows on the Video Link

If the Target does not show here then copy the link to www.Vevo.com which also tries YT but goes to other places which play videos. OK, it primarily deals with music video search but hidden in the registered members there are some You Tube Channel Admins
It is very good for extended Youtube Channels featuring Musicians which are trending and many oldies too Such as this track "Lady of the Night" which was only released in the Netherlands (Never charted!) Its Donna Summers debut LP(1974) and it has Peter Belotte/Georgio Moroder's Music too I can't get the YouTube links to work here today Here is the YT Same Track Ex Bing Video (also seen on Vevo]
Old 09-11-17, 13:38
Enthusiastic contributor

Default Re: You Tube Video Link gone /removed ? Possible ways of recovering it

I've found both old and new programmes on

http://www.alluc.ee/

They don't host anything themselves. It's primarily a site for finding films to watch on-line (free), but it's worth searching for programmes as well. In the case of a series, the format, as in your example Bedstor, is

sXXeXX, as in s01e01 for series 1, episode 1.

Just type the series title though, unless you're looking for a specific episode.

I've found some very old stuff on there, "Allo Allo" and "Last of the summer wine" being just two examples.

If you're looking for films, I find the best results shown on Alluc are those from

https://openload.co/

I can't find how to view anything directly on the Openload site though.

WARNING. I initially mistyped openload.co as opeload.co and got a FAKE BT page with a completely different URL informing me that my IP had been randomly chosen for a prize.

No thanks! It's obviously a SCAM.
Old 09-11-17, 13:56
Global Moderator

@ Joe - Norton doesn't like your first link -

Filename: coinhive.min[1].js
Threat name: PUA.JScoinminerFull Path: c:\users\kam4\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\inet cache\low\ie\lpexuw39\coinhive.min[1].js

On computers as of
09/11/2017 at 14:51:02
Last Used
09/11/2017 at 14:53:02
Startup Item
No
Launched
No
Threat type: Security Risk. Programs that pose a security or privacy risk and are not already classified as malicious.

coinhive.min[1].js Threat name: PUA.JScoinminer
Locate

Many Users
Thousands of users in the Norton Community have used this file.
Very New
This file was released less than 1 week ago.
Low
This file risk is low.

Source: External Media
Source File:
coinhive.min[1].js

File Thumbprint - SHA:
b2ba4a8bed80048b02fa1ba8befd0a5ca47f0a67c687fadd63 173283cc3a957b
File Thumbprint - MD5:
9c1e4a824b32e15b44209fd8c1edb1f5
Old 09-11-17, 14:16
Enthusiastic contributor

I don't understand that, Cantrell, but feel free to remove it if it's suspect. I've been using Alluc for quite a long time with no problems, but I'm using Linux, which is less vulnerable than Windows.

It does have a lot of adverts though, and some annoying full-screen pop-ups, so perhaps there's something "dodgy" in there.

I'll still use the site because it's the most reliable one I've found since Putlocker was taken down (or was it?), but I'll be alert to the possibility that it may contain malware.

Thanks for the warning.
Old 09-11-17, 19:21
Top contributor

I use Norton too and had no problem with either link; this is probably because I disabled ConnectSafe due to its blocking of sites I knew to be safe - too many false positives! UBO and Ghostery blocked a few of the usual type of things, but basically both the sites were fine.
Old 22-11-17, 20:01
Top contributor

I have just found a big archive of streaming TV Links (Not YouTube) Nor the usual suspects) Not explored the list but it covers many genres and it's mostly UK and North America (No Downloads)
@ https://www.seriestop.online/browse-shows Might be OK for Android and Kodi? I see it's not rated on WOT But It's not Ad filled provided you have Adguard or Adblock Plus in operation to trap those links
Bonus : When I looked it up on Google. It says they have a request service
As to how far back? The answer is 2 years for the majority of the Programmes
And Yes , I have seen a few Classics going back even further. such as Star Trek
Old 04-01-18, 18:31
Top contributor

Arrow Re: You Tube Video Link gone /removed ? Possible ways of recovering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedstor View Post
I have just found a big archive of streaming TV Links (Not YouTube) Nor the usual suspects) Not explored the list but it covers many genres and it's mostly UK and North America (No Downloads)
@ https://www.seriestop.online/browse-shows Might be OK for Android and Kodi? I see it's not rated on WOT But It's not Ad filled provided you have Adguard or Adblock Plus in operation to trap those links
Bonus : When I looked it up on Google. It says they have a request service
As to how far back? The answer is 2 years for the majority of the Programmes
And Yes , I have seen a few Classics going back even further. such as Star Trek
I Have just gone through the Entire Star Trek Voyager seasons (7) and I have had No Issues bar than Spotting the XXX and Ad Tabs
DO Note I have all my Security Apps on and with some nifty Fingerwork closing the Bad tabs and learning which of the Links Is the Least trouble Everything seems OK?
Typically ABP+ is trapping 11 Links. as to this Webuser forum page which is showing 1 hit Not tried it with the Stronger Adguard Ad Blocker on either Chrome or Yandex Browser
And have had No Unblock white list Request on these sub links (Unwise on these links)
Only thing is remove/disable the Bad links before you play the Link .Takes me about 15 seconds on Average
Tip Do not subscribe as the Deluge really begins
Old 04-01-18, 20:41
Highly valued member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-King View Post
I don't understand that, Cantrell, but feel free to remove it if it's suspect. I've been using Alluc for quite a long time with no problems, but I'm using Linux, which is less vulnerable than Windows.

Thanks for the warning.
Avast is relaxed about them as well, although I see they are not being flagged as malicious by Norton but just a security risk. I expect this is because Alluc is a net scraper and Openload is a file sharing site. So I guess you view or download what comes from them at your own risk.

The security threat warning will I expect be just that and warning of a potential risk.

I have also found them to normally be OK but you still need to on your toes about it. For instance 'Gomovies' was always very good but for about 4 months it has been plaqued with what appeared to be a malicious security upgrade notice for your browser. It filled the screen and couldn't be cleared leaving only the upgrade option button active. Whenever encountered I've not messed with the screen but just used task manger to 'End Task' and close the browser. Before posting this I checked it and it now appears to have been sorted. But in doing this I notice that 123Movies has now been compromised and they used to be good as well. Don't go there.

Those two links and most of the others mentioned are some of the elements which rogue developers have made available for Kodi earning Kodi the reputation of being pirating software when really it is just a sophisticated media player. When individual users install unofficial add-on repositories, it's this added software which searches via these net scrapers and file sharers in one convenient hit, Kodi then obediently returns the results listing them as providers.

Edit .... forget Gomovies on second look the threat is still lurking via certain links