View Single Post
Old 09-01-18, 21:24
Top contributor

Default Re: Vivaldi - as recommended by WebUser

I hope you'll get on well with it Alan, I've found it to be excellent with plenty of very useful features. I've been using it for quite a long time now, well before there was a stable version at all, so you could say I've grown used to it as it's grown itself! I've tried to make good use of the extremely good 'Help' menu, it's one of the best I've ever come across. As an Opera user Alan, you may be interested to know that you can install Opera add-ons in Vivaldi. More info here:

Opera add-ons in Vivaldi - Web User Forums

All the same, if an add-on is available both in the Chrome Web Store and on the Opera site, I'd go for the Chrome one - partly because it's the default add-ons site for Vivaldi and partly because it's more likely to be the latest version!

I don't think the WU article did Vivaldi justice, despite giving it their Gold Award. Personally, I'd choose quite a lot of browsers before going for Chrome FratPark! Don't we always look forward to new versions of anything - then contrarily grumble about constant updates!?

Opera deserved the Bronze Award I think, even though the developers aren't always very user-friendly - surely they should be prepared to take criticism from users and investigate any perceived shortcomings with good grace and hopefully provide a solution to any problem? It won't stop me using what is basically a very good browser though!