Web User Forums

Web User Forums (http://forum.webuser.co.uk/index.php)
-   Open Forum (http://forum.webuser.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   British kidney patient association. (http://forum.webuser.co.uk/showthread.php?t=137937)

CJ72 12-10-15 14:41

British kidney patient association.

Hi all, as some of you know, I have chronic kidney disease.

I have made a donation to the BKPA = British kidney patient association.

And I am hoping that some of you would do as well.

The BKPA helps people with kidney disease, with support and advice.

If you go to this site, you can make a donation (Button top right, red box, white text). Or you could buy some Xmas cards to show your support. (the support us tab, again top right of page).

Any donation no matter how much will be very well received by the BKPA.

http://www.britishkidney-pa.co.uk/

If you would like to know more about kidney disease, you can check out this site.
https://www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/aboutckd

Or you could donate to the National Kidney Foundation. :)

Thank you.

Craig.

izzit 12-10-15 19:23

Re: British kidney patient association.

How's that going?
Are you sort of finding your feet and getting a rhythm?
And more important - how you feeling now you've (hopefully) got stuff sort of under control?

Mrs I looks after that sort of stuff ... I tend to look after my own ills (BHF) but I'll put a penny in the old man's hat for you next time I get the chance prob'ly next week.

Madeline 12-10-15 21:02

I'll try to remember to make a donation when I've got a bit of cash to spare. I don't know much about kidney disease, so I'll have a look at your link too.When I was a teenager, my godmother's niece had kidney failure. That was long before dialysis and transplants so you can imagine the outcome. She was a lovely person, only a few years older than me and I missed her a lot.

I hope your treatment is going well Craig.

kingfisher171 13-10-15 05:49

First of all Craig, I may not be making comments as much as I should, or indeed asking after you, but it dosent mean I'm not thinking or constantly aware.

For anyone else, how CKD affects, or rather starts or started with me, is directly as a result of repeated uti's, urinary tract infections. Urine collected in the ureter, one of the tubes which connect the kidneys to the bladder, and that urine turned stagnant which in turn created an infection which in turned reversed to the kidney, in my case the left one. Once in the kidney, it turns to pyelonephritis and becomes diseased, it may not be much or may be a lot, but it is my understanding it is not recoverable.

It is my understanding that they only introduced this CKD terminology in the last few years and the number following, determines how far up the scale your disease is. In my case it is CKD stage 3, but only just they tell me. There are only 5 stages. I am of the opinion that Craig may be at the higher end, due to the treatment he is undergoing.

The last thing I would wish, is to appear to take this thread into "my" issues, but in the interests of not leaving anything open-ended, just in case someone is wondering why I mentioned the urine collected in the ureter rather than travelled in a downhill route. That is because a few years earlier, I lost control of my bladder due to chronic interstitial cystitis, so they gave me a urinary diversion (stoma) which is on the right of my abdomen, so consequently the left ureter is brought sideways, this in turns sags , urine collects hence the chance it can turn "off". That is why they say, drink plenty to flush any build up through.

Now back to Craig. Hopefully Craig you will have accepted my input to help show awareness of how easy it is for anyone to find them self on the path of this unfortunate problem. If it means Andy finds an extra penny to put in the collection pot, then my time typing, won't have been wasted.

CJ72 13-10-15 08:52

Hi Kingfisher, Izzet and Madeline. I am grateful for your input as it helps people to understand kidney disease.

I am stage 5, which is the last stage. What a lot of people don't understand is how kidney disease affects us as it's not something that can be seen, like a lost limb or someone in a wheelchair, so they think that we are exaggerating our illness, which is not the case.

At the moment, I'm OK, just tired all the time, mainly as I have to get up at 4.45 to go to the renal unit. :mad:

Tomorrow, I will be using a special exercise bike that I can peddle while laying on the bed, I'll try and post a photo of the bike.

Take care everyone.

Craig.

Thistledome 13-10-15 10:24

Hi Craig,

All noted on your postings.

Hope things continue to improve with the dialysis.

Will be posting again later, have to dash off out in a few minutes,

I have mentioned your post to the other members on the Cancer Web Site.

Will have a look at that site you mentioned when I return.

All the best Craig and keep in touch.

Mike.

Peru 13-10-15 12:26

Hi Craig-

I'm well aware of kidney disease as my mom had lived with a donated kidney which added 27 years to her life, finally losing the battle of life to complications of dementia.

Best of wishes to you. Hang in there.

Thistledome 14-10-15 09:32

Morning all

Just ordering some of their Christmas Cards.

They have a nice selection .. THIS IS THEIR SITE

Mike.

egg 15-10-15 10:06

To all of you with kidney disease.................
This funny is directed at Craig......
WHO KNOWS MY SENSE OF HUMOUR WELL,
and is in NO WAY intended to upset anyone.

http://lowres.cartoonstock.com/anima...ro0315_low.jpg

Craig,
it's a pity we don't have sites like the one for Breast Cancer (America)
where we could click and businesses would donate to the worthy cause.
Why can't someone in this country come up with one ???????

I will donate as soon as it's possible
Take care and keep updating us.
GRegg

kingfisher171 15-10-15 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg (Post 1124329)
To all of you with kidney disease.................
This funny is directed at Craig......
WHO KNOWS MY SENSE OF HUMOUR WELL,
and is in NO WAY intended to upset anyone.

http://lowres.cartoonstock.com/anima...ro0315_low.jpg

Craig,
it's a pity we don't have sites like the one for Breast Cancer (America)
where we could click and businesses would donate to the worthy cause.
Why can't someone in this country come up with one ???????

I will donate as soon as it's possible
Take care and keep updating us.
GRegg

Yes it's funny. Any publicity is good publicity. Look at it this way, it has extended the thread and more pople will see the heading when they click on New Posts