Web User Forums

Web User Forums (http://forum.webuser.co.uk/index.php)
-   Feedback & Announcements (http://forum.webuser.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   E-mail notifications stopped (http://forum.webuser.co.uk/showthread.php?t=149893)

daddybear 02-11-17 16:01

E-mail notifications stopped

Good Afternoon All

I have always had "instant e-mail notifications" set up in my Forum options but just recently these have stopped coming through.

Have tried to reset the options but it hasn't made any difference.

Is anyone else having this trouble and any suggestions as to how to correct the problem?

Regards

Roy

Cantrel 02-11-17 16:32

Re: E-mail notifications stopped

d307 is having the same problem but as I've asked him, have you checked your Spam folder ?

Bedstor 02-11-17 16:54

No Harm in making Up a Filter in your Email App allowing something like Keyword "Webuser' through something's being red flagged as a False Positive.
If it continues then Logout of WU completely then Delete the Cookies
then Log back in
Also if you have CCleaner See the Options> Cookie List and check to see which side of the cookies Include/exclude list WU is Showing? Click on the Item name then Select the arrow button to move it across which on the Next Turn for a Cookie clearance It will be removed . Does not interfere with that Site Logon file which is a Protected file

Madeline 02-11-17 18:54

I had trouble a few months ago when Gmail put all of my emails from here into my Spam folder. I set up a filter which sorted the trouble and recently all mail from here now goes to my Inbox.

Cantrel 02-11-17 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madeline (Post 1186381)
I had trouble a few months ago when Gmail put all of my emails from here into my Spam folder. I set up a filter which sorted the trouble and recently all mail from here now goes to my Inbox.

I stopped getting notification from another forum and I found them all in the Spam folder in gmail but that has an option not to treat those as spam, so all is well for that forum now.

Madeline 02-11-17 22:39

This is what Iím getting with email from this forum now, but at least it goes to my Inbox:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...924/gLSxFA.png

If you click on ? you get taken to Gmail Help:

Check if your Gmail message is authenticated - Computer - Gmail Help

Madeline 02-11-17 23:39

Perhaps Google thought it was this Dennis:

http://www.tayscreen.com/images/news...ce_160x160.jpg

daddybear 03-11-17 09:33

Thanks to all for replies.

Can confirm that e-mail notifications are not going into my spam folder.

Bedstor - done as you suggested. Please can you now send me a quick reply to test the result?

Regards

Roy

PS. Don't know if this can be connected but when I am doing these posts/replies the boxes 'Submit Reply' and 'Preview Post' take ages to work once clicked. This has only happened recently also.

Bedstor 03-11-17 14:11

Might take a while for it to work Roy But nearly always it's a First Go thing

Another thing you could "Setup" is a Filter in your Email to Accept anything Posted from Webuser? Only hard part is the making up of the new folder then what Keyword wording for the Filter which will Post that reply in that Box
Like the Logical If its webuser then Move to the Webuser Replies folder .
I have about 3 Closed forums replies archived in this Fashion (2 years replies) spread between Gmail,Yahoo also AOL Mail All original Home URL links are dead But the Content is still readable and the internal URL links ar also " Good " Dates back to about 2012/2013

Nowadays with Gmail it has a Top level AI Sort Posting to Primary.Social,Promotions,Update and Forums.Tabs Worth Studying closer ,The
Filter Routing For these in the First instance is a bit hit and Miss But once the Gmail server AI Understand the instruction It will put the Mail in one of those lanes .Unsorted (and Not Spam) it will show in Primary then You can give it a Star and an Importance tag if needed (see tips below)
Tip What does speed up the Sorting Process a bit is to "Star" the Post (No Filter) And The Server could move it Out of the Primary Tab
Ans TIP #2 Gmail only Next to the Star DO make sure the Yellow Icon box with the > character is Lit (click this) this activates the Importance Filter (Fine settings are on the Settings Cog)

Then check this Key Section on Gmail settings> General
Quote:

Desktop Notifications:
(allows Gmail to display popup notifications on your desktop when new email messages arrive)
Learn more Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail.
New mail notifications on - Notify me when any new message arrives in my inbox or primary tab
Important mail notifications on - Notify me only when an important message arrives in my inbox
Mail notifications off

The Item I have "Highlighted "is what My Setting is,But I think the
Quote:

Important mail notifications on - Notify me only when an important message arrives in my inbox
may be more appropriate for you.
Lots more to try out in the Section But this should (Plus any personal filter) make it grab what's needed and direct it to where you want it to be.
OH I forgot I Item with Gmail You can on opening a Good Mail Alter the
Category Tag (Menu) inside the Mail as to where to send it to in Future (1 off task)
Have seen it done elsewhere but it often amounts to "Is this to be kept here ?" :(

daddybear 03-11-17 17:19

Thank you for reply Bedstor

It didn't show up in my e-mails yet but will wait a while as you suggest.

If nothing happens in a few hours I will follow your other suggestions through and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Roy